CB450 Color wiring diagram (now corrected)
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

CB450 Color wiring diagram (now corrected)

[attachment=2:2ebmbjor]CB450(Glenns)wiring diagram_color.jpg[/attachment:2ebmbjor]

[attachment=1:2ebmbjor]Factory Service Manual wiring harness_no_labels.jpg[/attachment:2ebmbjor]

[attachment=0:2ebmbjor]Factory Service Manual wiring harness2_COMPRESSED.jpg[/attachment:2ebmbjor]

EDIT I went ahead and moved the diagrams to the beginning of the thread, thanks for the work John

--- Franz

Thanks Franz. I just completed the later model with the indicator panel lights and added it above.

John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CB450 Color wiring diagram (now corrected)-cb450-glenns-wiring-diagram_color.jpg   CB450 Color wiring diagram (now corrected)-factory-service-manual-wiring-harness_no_labels.jpg   CB450 Color wiring diagram (now corrected)-factory-service-manual-wiring-harness2_compressed.jpg   CB450 Color wiring diagram (now corrected)-cb450-glenns-wiring-diagram_color.jpg   CB450 Color wiring diagram (now corrected)-factory-service-manual-wiring-harness_no_labels.jpg  

CB450 Color wiring diagram (now corrected)-factory-service-manual-wiring-harness2_compressed.jpg  

CB450 Color wiring diagram

Re: CB450 Color wiring diagram

Damn that's a great page. Thanks!

John

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

Just a note that is for the beginning models without the voltage regulator in the system. SO the k0's

Quote Originally Posted by frogman79
    Just a note that is for the beginning models without the voltage regulator in the system. SO the k0's
    Hmmm...it shows a regulator.

John

This is not a K0 diagram as it is showing a VR although I cannot say which K version it is. The circuits do change with model and area of sale. However thanks for your efforts its always appreciated.
    Nige

CB450K0 Bomber 1967
    CB650Z 1978

SO it does, I just glanced at it, the other diagrams I have have really LARGE item pictures.

I cannot recall exactly where I got it but it said US 5 speed model. I compared it to the K7 diagram in my Chilton's and could find no differences other than a few cosmetic ones.

On another note... having not had a 70's bike since the seventies and even then I wasn't paying attention, I am surprised that there isn't a small fuse block. Since the harness on my recent purchase has been removed and altered I am thinking about adding one. Maybe separating the lights and horn, ignition and not sure what else there is. Am I creating unnecessary complexity? I'd like to rewire this bike and I think I'd have a better chance to get it right if I had a central hot point to run everything from.

Thanks for any advice you may have and keep in mind I've never tackled anything like this before. I do remodeling for a living and have a good understanding of residential electrical where all the circuits come from a central panel. Good or bad it seems like the bike could be done the same way. Turn the key on and it powers a relay that powers the panel.

John

There's ONE fuse right next to the rectifier on the diagram. PHYSICALLY its on the left side frame rail right next to the battery.

I my bike I cut out the old glass fuse holder and replaced it with a rubber blade fuse holder.

Franz.... It does show the V-reg on the original drawing, but it is incorrect......There IS NO red wire on the V-reg.....Just, Yellow, Black, and Green (ground)....The way that drawing shows would shunt excess voltage directly to the battery through the fuse, probably frying the fuse........The Red wire shown from the V-reg should be green and grounded, not red and connected to the "hot" wires......

Sourjon.... Appreciate the effort, but I will delete your post as soon as another moderator verifys the incorrectness.....We can't have anyone frying their wiring following that diagram......
    "I have a mind like a steel trap.....Old and rusty, of antiquated design, and hard to get stuff back out of...."
    Contact info: E-mail; [email protected] Phone; 540-525-5199

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links