What phone mount are people using?

What phone mount are people using?

Ideally I would like to not have a mount, but a city slicker like me sometimes needs directions.
    1971 CB350 (with CL pipes)

For a while, I tried this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Univ...a-54b6a4f43488Name:  th.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  10.6 KB

I wanted something that would protect from debris and/or rain, and also seemed secure enough while having a slow or predictable failure. Some of those spring loaded or rubber band ones seemed too unpredictable to trust.

That being said, phone screens are hard enough to read in the sunlight, but add in another layer of plastic glare, and the vibrations of 100km/h and it might as well have been in my pocket. Ended up taking it off. If you really need the GPS, it might be better to stick in one earpiece and just go with sound.

Now you got me thinking though. Maybe I should try cutting out the top window and seeing if it's legible without it.

Edit: while it was on, I wrapped a few turns of electrical tape on the joint between the bracket and the holder. It wasn't tight enough to give me confidence.
    Last edited by sikeclass; 06-08-2019 at 06:59 AM.
    - 1972 Honda CB350
    - 7 years and 4 crates of spark plugs later, it runs, but there's definitely room for improvement

I've made a lot of mistakes, some which I haven't realized yet. Any questions, opinions or info has to come with that huge grain of salt.

Junior Member jim_stop_trolling's Avatar
    I picked up one of these a couple of days ago.

My initial review? Thing grips the phone rock solid but w/o an articulating arm, it blocks different portions of the gauges or tilts the phone down too much. Right now I'm using it in landscape mode. It'd be nice if I could figure out a quick release because I probably don't need it on all the time. Holds the phone TIGHT!
    1968 Honda CB350 K0 (Green/White)
    1976 Honda GL1000 K1 (Sulphur Yellow)
    1985 Yamaha XV700 (Red)
    1985 Honda VT500C (Red)

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

I had a homemade one that worked well but I decided to get rid of it because I didn't want the distraction. I think I'm safer rider without the temptation to look at my phone.
    1981 Honda CX500D
    1974 Honda CB450
    1986 Yamaha Radian 600

Martha's Vineyard Ma

I don't have it on any of my older bikes, but I have a RAM phone mount on my Vstrom 650. It is super rugged and has kept my phone secure even when I am dabbling into a bit of dirt/gravel riding.
    1975 CB360T Cafe Project (Being rebuilt from crispy bits!) - Done-ish...now in maintenance mode
    2009 Suzuki VStrom 650
    1983 BMW R100RT

Jim

1973 CB 450 K6 PAMCO
    1975 CB 500T PAMCO
    1985 CB650SC Nighthawk
    1985 VF 1100S Sabre
    2012 Buddy 125 (wifes)

Sponsored Links