Honda Twins banner

Should I just this 71 cb350 that's been laying around for $500?

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Bill H 
#1 ·
it's only 40 miles away. it looks in pretty great condition for being under a tarp.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Car

Speedometer Vehicle Tachometer Gauge Auto part

See less See more
#3 ·
Oooh, shiny. If you were really close to Central Illinois I'd say "don't buy it, I want it." But then at this point Mrs tcblack would probably hurt me.
I don't think $500 is a bad sum for that one.

#5 ·
it's only 40 miles away. it looks in pretty great condition for being under a tarp.

View attachment 283494
View attachment 283496
Bud, thats up to you, and how much you can afford to spend after you buy it. Does it have a title, is the motor siezed, i see the chain is off, thats why i ask is engine siezed. You will probally need tires, brakes, cables, just to name a few.
That said if i had 500 to buy it myself, i would be on my way already.
But you need to consider all that i mentioned, because it can and will cost more once it is home.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

#8 · (Edited)
Personally, I try not to acquire non-titled bikes....HOWEVER, If you NEED a parts bike I'll tell you what I tell all my friends in that situation.....

Start at MOST at $1.00 a cc and SUBTRACT at least 35% for a "locked engine"... Deduct a bit more for: badly rusted wheels, and dented tanks, torn seats and any parts that are obviously missing......

Whatever that comes down to...Offer that much..... If they accept, fine... If they don't, WALK AWAY.....You MAY get that "parts bike" for $100 ........

REMEMBER, without a title it is just a pile of parts that LOOKS like a motorcycle........

#12 ·
I've got a scrapper on speed dial that will come pick up any scrap parts that I put out within an hour. He's a nice guy to know.

#13 ·
You already described it as a PARTS Bike when you listed what the individual pieces might bring.

I agree with everyone else No Title - it's a parts bike.

But that doesn't mean it has to stay a parts bike.
I needed some parts for my sons bike and we ran across a pair of bikes - One with a Tiltle but was missing a ton of parts the other a complete bike with no title.
We bought them both as a package for $250.

I eneded up applying for a Title for the Complete Bike and AFTER I got the Title I started working on it.
Up to then it just got a regular spraying of fastners with PB Blaster.
It's always a Parts bike until you have a Title in hand.

Reactions: chaindrivecharlie
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.