Renthal Medium Road Bars on Cl350
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Renthal Medium Road Bars on Cl350

Renthal Medium Road Bars on Cl350

Does anyone have any experience or opinions on the Rethal Medium Road bars? I'm looking to replace my stock bars with something similar. With the (rough) measurements I took of my current bars, these seem to be fairly close.

Thanks

I have them on my CB360. I like them a lot (considering my previous configuration had eBay "clubman" bars). I know a lot of folks here recommend CB400 bars, which come pre-drilled for routing cables through them though. Otherwise you will need to dremel out a hole in your controls to route cables on the outside of the bars.
    1975 CB360T Cafe Project (Being rebuilt from crispy bits!) - Done-ish...now in maintenance mode
    2009 Suzuki VStrom 650
    1983 BMW R100RT

I'm sure the Renthal bars are quality, but it seems crazy to me to pay twice as much for a set of bars that you also have to make modifications to use, one that would make the bike look less clean at that, with wires running on the outside of the bars unlike the bike was originally built... but that's just me. The CB400F replica bars are half the price (but they are chrome, if that's a deal breaker)
    Tom

Ride along at the drag strip - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20jFPazXlvU

running points... because I'm too old for mysteries that begin with pushing

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

The Renthal Medium bars are much taller than the CB400 bars, which are pretty much the same dimensions as Renthal Ultralows.

I had Renthal Low bars fitted to my Hornet for a while, but found them too high and wide for high speed riding, whilst I find the Ultralows ideal.

The Renthals, in thick alloy tubing, are much stronger than chrome plated steel tube handlebars, but should not be drilled for internal wiring.

Renthal Medium Road Bars on Cl350-medium.jpg Renthal Medium Road Bars on Cl350-ultralow.jpg
    1970 Honda CB175K4
    1972 Honda CL175K7
    1999 Honda CB600 Hornet

Richard, which bars are on the Hornet in the left photo(black bars)?
    1981 Honda CX500D
    1974 Honda CB450
    1986 Yamaha Radian 600

Martha's Vineyard Ma

Thanks for the replies! Does routing the cables outside the bars look too bad?
    And I'm trying to move away from chrome because just about all of the chrome pieces on my bike are rusted and chrome won't go with the final look I'm after. I think the ultra lows might be too low because you sit pretty upright on the CL350 with the stock bars and I like that. But I do appreciate the input!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rscottp View Post
    Richard, which bars are on the Hornet in the left photo(black bars)?
    Those are the Renthal Low bars. Pretty much the same dimensions as the stock Hornet bars.

I've removed the brace from my Ultralows, didn't like the look, and I doubt it adds much extra rigidity.

How it looks now. Modified somewhat, Ultralows, later headlamp from 599, Aprilia Tuono mirrors, aftermarket nose fairing, span adjustable levers, Koso instrument cluster, Oberon led indicators, Scott E Oiler chain lube device, Ohlins front springs, Ohlins rear shock, Gilles rearsets, BlueFlame exhaust, VTR1000 front wheel, Triumph Street Triple calipers etc etc

Renthal Medium Road Bars on Cl350-dscn5683.jpg Renthal Medium Road Bars on Cl350-dscn5679.jpg
    Last edited by Richard_Pitman; 06-03-2019 at 10:46 AM.
    1970 Honda CB175K4
    1972 Honda CL175K7
    1999 Honda CB600 Hornet

Wow Richard... I had no idea you'd done so much to it. Very nice!
    Tom

Ride along at the drag strip - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20jFPazXlvU

running points... because I'm too old for mysteries that begin with pushing

Thanks Richard, leaning toward trying those bars on my CX500. Current bars are similar to the ultra low renthals and I would like to be slightly more upright.
    1981 Honda CX500D
    1974 Honda CB450
    1986 Yamaha Radian 600

Martha's Vineyard Ma

Quote Originally Posted by Eastonboy99 View Post
    Thanks for the replies! Does routing the cables outside the bars look too bad?
    And I'm trying to move away from chrome because just about all of the chrome pieces on my bike are rusted and chrome won't go with the final look I'm after. I think the ultra lows might be too low because you sit pretty upright on the CL350 with the stock bars and I like that. But I do appreciate the input!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    You'll have to file or grind openings in your control housings for the wiring to pass through. Exposed wiring on low bars doesn't look too bad, as long as the wire sheathing is clean and in good condition. If it were me, I'd just buy some black superbike-bend bars and drill them for internal wiring, or buy the CB400 replica bars (or the slightly higher CB550F replica bars) that are already drilled and either paint or powdercoat them black.

https://4into1.com/chrome-handlebars...00f-1975-1976/

https://4into1.com/chrome-handlebars...ort-1975-1976/
    ancientdad likes this.
    1969 Honda CL350
    1983 H-D XLX-61 Sportster

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links