LED turn signals andLED flasher relay not working properly

LED turn signals andLED flasher relay not working properly

I replaced all the turn signals with LED bulbs and I replaced the flasher with an LED relay. Turn indicator is the original incandescent bulb.

When I signal left, the left side flashes
    When I signal right, both sides flash
    When I removed the indicator light and signal right, the right side flashes.
    When I removed the indicator light and signal left, the left side is dimly lit and does not flash.
    When I replace only half the bulbs with LED, lights everything works properly.

I'm reading that I have to rewire the indicator bulb with diodes from both sides and ground the other side. Is that the case with people who have done the LED conversion?
    Last edited by rileyxo85; 07-19-2019 at 10:24 PM.
    1971 CB350 (with CL pipes)

I've answered my own question. I'll leave it as 2 leds in the front and 2 incandescent in the rear. Don't want to mess with the wiring just yet.

Honda wiring is pretty easy to modify - it uses bullet connectors (buy online, they are a metric size IIRC) for almost all of the connectors.

Looks like the problem with LEDs is that it may backfeed through the single turn signal indicator light - if so, should only take a diode or two connected to the indicator light, which should have bullet connectors in the headlight shell. So two diodes, one for the left signals, one for the right signals, should fix the issue.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

Going to be switching over to LED's as well so want to make sure I'm doing it correctly. I have the diodes.
    One end goes to the indicator light. The two ends coming off that goes to power of each of the turn signal lights.
    What I am unsure of is what do I do with the other end coming off the indicator light. Do I just tap that into any ground wire that's around?

Quote Originally Posted by taroballs View Post
    Going to be switching over to LED's as well so want to make sure I'm doing it correctly. I have the diodes.
    One end goes to the indicator light. The two ends coming off that goes to power of each of the turn signal lights.
    What I am unsure of is what do I do with the other end coming off the indicator light. Do I just tap that into any ground wire that's around?

I literally just did this and it was a success. With the other wire (I chose the blue one arbitrarily) I pushed it into the big 4 way green ground hub. I didn't rewire it, I literally jammed it in and it was pretty much stuck in good.
    1971 CB350 (with CL pipes)

Sponsored Links