Need help understanding this diagram

Need help understanding this diagram

PO made this diagram when wiring up the bike (CB350) and this what it looked like at the time. The "city light" switch broke off and I popped a 15amp fuse.
    Now I'm already planning on switching to a LED headlight so I will be getting rid of the "city light" anyways but I am not sure what needs to be done to wire it back to normal. With the "city light" on, a small led is on and the headlight is off. With the "city light" off, the led is off and the headlight is on, and from what I can remember, it was on low beam only (high beam switch didnt work). Now after the switch broke and before the fuse popped, the low beam was constant on with highbeam switch working. I tried to stick the broken "city light" switch back on and the fuse popped after that.

Need help understanding this diagram-headlight-u00252520relay.jpg
    Need help understanding this diagram-imgp0025-u00252520-u00252528medium-u00252529.jpg

So long story short, I want to get rid of the city light and wire it more like stock.

Oh, also want to know if it's safe to run if I just tape off the "city light" wire for now. It seemed to been fine before I was messing with it and popped the fuse.
    Last edited by taroballs; 07-05-2019 at 09:00 PM.

That's a lot of unnecessary complexity.....LOL.....

Phone when at bike and I'll guide you through the lighting wiring......
    "I have a mind like a steel trap.....Old and rusty, of antiquated design, and hard to get stuff back out of...."
    Contact info: E-mail; [email protected] Phone; 540-525-5199

If the bike runs with a new fuse in, is it safe to ride it like that? Need to get it back to the garage where all the tools are at first. I can set up a time tomorrow for a call if that’s the case.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

PVC tape "city light wires" separately....
    If one headlight beam, taillight, and brakelight work, you can limp it home......
    Otherwise not really safe at all......
    "I have a mind like a steel trap.....Old and rusty, of antiquated design, and hard to get stuff back out of...."

The switch looks like this. I just replaced the fuse and all the lights work fine atm. Just don’t know if it’s going to blow a fuse while running.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need help understanding this diagram-83321c95-3f8f-4f52-9902-192f3e33af8a_1562383818277.jpg  

Put broken switch in your pocket (or the trash) and ride home....

Well I just spent the last 5 hours learning how to read these diagrams. Last time I read one was in highscool 10 years ago. I assume this is what I want to do if I can find all the wires.
    Need help understanding this diagram-relaynocity.jpg

And I assume this is how it is currently working with the switch. I don't know whats the proper notation for things.
    Need help understanding this diagram-cityonhighon.jpg
    Need help understanding this diagram-cityoffhighoff.jpg

Based on the first one, I assume that is why the highbeam/lowbeam switch doesn't do anything with city light on.
    And based on the 2nd one, I must been wrong when I said the highbeam doesn't work when the city light is off. I don't ride this at night so my memory is shaky on that one.

First thing I'd do is get rid of all those relays. They're not needed on a CB350 and just make things more complicated.

Power from your ignition switch to you headlight on/off switch. Then output from the on/off switch to the dimmer switch. From the dimmer, high to to the high beam (and indicator if you want it) and low to the low beam. Ensure a good ground on the headlight and you're done.

That switch is a joke, vibration will kill it in no time. Let me see, one switch to power up the light circuit, another switch to toggle between high and low beam then a third switch to do(what?). City light, is that like a pilot light as in a UK type reflector? Relays are great for getting full voltage to a halogen light filament (they work great in My old Dodge) but really unnecessary for a low current draw led headlight. One of those cheap Chinese all-in-one handlebar switches off Ebay would be plenty adequate.
    '65 YG1
    '65 CB160
    '66 CL160
    '67 CL77
    '68 TR6
    '69 T100R
    '69 T120R
    '72 Commando 750
    '78 XS650E
    '79 Gl1000
    '81 440 LTD
    My company car is a Kenworth