Looking for paint / powdercoat recommendations in Chicago area
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By krukster86

Thread: Looking for paint / powdercoat recommendations in Chicago area

Looking for paint / powdercoat recommendations in Chicago area

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section. I'm in the middle of a '72 CB 450 rebuild and looking for a painter in the Chicago area. I don't mind a few hours drive. I'm looking to get a frame, swing arm, mounts, tank, side panels and some other bits and pieces stripped and painted. Nothing too fancy. Please let me know if you have any recommendations. If you have a powder coater, please let me know as well, as I'm still considering coating the frame.

Thanks,

Kevin

Not sure if you got this squared away Kevin, but I am currently using Precision Powder Coat in Crystal Lake (hour from Chicago). Bob is a great dude with a professional shop and knows how to work on bike parts. He has plugs/caps/blocks galore, so you don't have to worry about doing the prep work, and he knows what parts should NOT be painted/coated.

I have not received my parts back yet, but his quoted price was very fair.
    1975 CB360T Cafe Project (Being rebuilt from crispy bits!) - Done-ish...now in maintenance mode
    2009 Suzuki VStrom 650
    1983 BMW R100RT

Advanced Enameling ...(773) 737-7356 ask for Kurt Grunert ... these guys do great work ... full service shop ... will sand blast the parts first ... tell Kurt "Ace sent me" ...
    5849 S Bishop St, Chicago, IL 60636

Here is a link to my CB360 build ... see the powder coating pics ... turned out beautiful and for a very reasonable price! https://www.hondatwins.net/forums/1-...WqwkJRsATOKXQc

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

not sure he's listening, he last logged in July of 2018
    Tom

Ride along at the drag strip - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20jFPazXlvU

running points... because I'm too old for mysteries that begin with pushing

Quote Originally Posted by krukster86 View Post
    Not sure if you got this squared away Kevin, but I am currently using Precision Powder Coat in Crystal Lake (hour from Chicago). Bob is a great dude with a professional shop and knows how to work on bike parts. He has plugs/caps/blocks galore, so you don't have to worry about doing the prep work, and he knows what parts should NOT be painted/coated.

I have not received my parts back yet, but his quoted price was very fair.
    If you would comment once you get your parts back, many people would probably appreciate it. I'm considering powder coating my CB350 frame and some other parts. Crystal Lake is very doable. If you would like to tell me about the experience: Bill, 6306494134.

Quote Originally Posted by A350Keeper View Post
    If you would comment once you get your parts back, many people would probably appreciate it. I'm considering powder coating my CB350 frame and some other parts. Crystal Lake is very doable. If you would like to tell me about the experience: Bill, 6306494134.
    You might want to send him a PM, he was gone for a while for work and only recently came back and he might not see this post right away
    Tom

Ride along at the drag strip - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20jFPazXlvU

running points... because I'm too old for mysteries that begin with pushing

A350, did you ever work out your powder coating? My recommendation above is a good one ... the guys at Advance Enamel really know what they are doing ... just thought I'd check ... Thanks Bill

Am I too late? :P

Yeah I got my parts back within 2 weeks of dropping them off. I was very impressed! Ill see if I have any pictures posted on imgur of the final results.
    1975 CB360T Cafe Project (Being rebuilt from crispy bits!) - Done-ish...now in maintenance mode
    2009 Suzuki VStrom 650
    1983 BMW R100RT

Looking at my old "project account" book, which I stopped updating when the costs got to a certain point, I paid $350 for the sandblasting, prep, and powdercoat.
    KnucleBusting360 likes this.
    2009 Suzuki VStrom 650
    1983 BMW R100RT

Sponsored Links