Custom carbboot fabrication/ where do I get oem
    Senior Member cheapparlortricks's Avatar
    This might be a pipe dream, but my old coworker at a tool/machine shop I used to work at upped his CNC skills and offered his services recently. I'm on vacation in Florida, was hanging out with my mom lastnight, telling her about my bike (cl350) and how I have an airleak at one of the intake manifolds (which is new but aftermarket) and how hard they are to find oem, and she thought it was a metal piece and from there comes this highdea: would a set of steel or aluminum intake manifolds work? With a rubber insert piece at the boot to carb connection? Has anyone tried this/ is it worth it? Haven't had the chance to model it, but could be fun to practice. I've also thought about casting a set. My studio neighbor is a master mold maker and has a degassing chamber that I'm able to use, would just have to figure out a rubber that worked for the application.

Alternatively does anyone know where I can get good carb boots? I bought a set off a scrambler site (forgot the website name, but it had scrambler in it) but the left side seems like it's leaking even though I checked the connecting piece for flatness with a machine square, cleaned the mating surfaces, and sprayed the gasket with copper gasket spray.
    Last edited by cheapparlortricks; 09-15-2019 at 03:10 PM.

When doing carb swaps I have peeled the rubber off the mounting plates and welded tubing onto them and then used pieces of radiator hose to mount the carbs several times now. Always worked for me.
    TOOLS

Senior Member cheapparlortricks's Avatar
    Tools, do you have a photo of that? About to get a TIG welder so I could do it that way instead of 3D modeling it.
    I think the carb boots that came with the bike are oem. Considering trying them but I know the rubber is pretty hard.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

Sorry, I do not have any pictures.
    TOOLS

Sponsored Links