Oil seal in right side cover (not kickstarter seal).

Oil seal in right side cover (not kickstarter seal).

Well, I figured out why I wasn't getting proper oiling to the top end after my rebuild. I am missing the oil seal inside of the right side cover, and so there is not enough oil pressure to push oil to the top end. Today I pulled the rocker cover, drained the oil, pulled the side cover, and blew out the ports to make sure they were not gunked up. They were very clean, and completely clear. When I went to blow out the oil passages in the side cover I realized that I am missing the oil seal in the circular opening (not the one that goes to the centrifugal filter. The problem is I'm having trouble tracking down a part number for it. The parts fiche I'm looking at seems to treat it as integral to the cover, and the oil seal kit I bought for the bike didn't include one. Anyone know a part number or where I could source one?
    Josh
    1974 CB378 (CB360 Overbored 2mm) "Penny"

Here is a picture of what I am talking about:

Name:  NJ2eGRj.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  19.3 KB
    Josh
    1974 CB378 (CB360 Overbored 2mm) "Penny"

You are correct, from the fiches it DOES appear as that ONLY is available as integral with the entire cover.....
    I certainly don't ever remember replacing one at the shop, but didn't work on a lot of 360's.....
    Since it supports the "free" end of the pump-gear shaft, Honda MAY have considered its positioning and alignment too critical for in shop servicing.....
    Last edited by 66Sprint; 02-01-2015 at 06:57 PM.

Sponsored Links