How bad is this? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: How bad is this?

EAJ
    More good news. Awesome. Strangely I’ve always pushed this bike to redline (owned it for 5 years, taken care of it but also ride it pretty hard) but lately it Won’t rev over 6k...wondering if maybe carb slide is stuck acting as “limiter”? (Just regurgitating something I read) Hence why I’m pulling the carbs for an inspection/ deep clean.

Central Florida-Altamonte Springs. Sometimes South Wales UK
    Slides only stick if bike hasn't been used in a while, usually a few months. More likely a damaged diaphragm? Could also be low battery voltage, have you fitted a new regulator/rectifier?
    There are three types of people in the world, those who can count and those who can't
    I'm not a complete idiot, but, I'm working on it

EAJ
    Yeah new reg/rec this season and high output rotor. Electrics have never been more reliable on this bike...I struggled with weak charge for a long time. Maybe you’re right about the diaphragm though...

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

Central Florida-Altamonte Springs. Sometimes South Wales UK
    Easy to check, just remove carb tops and pull slides out then run finger underneath diaphragm while you looking at top. Slight stretching shows even tiny splits but you have to look close. Usually damage is on inner part nearest the nylon hold down ring but I've seen damage all over the place over the years. Even poked screwdriver through one good diaphragm trying to get things apart. Whatever you do DO NOT FOLLOW CMC video instructions and 'glue' diaphragms to carbs. The float height needs to be 21mm, done correctly not 16mm done incorrectly as Brendan shows in his video

There are three types of people in the world, those who can count and those who can't
    I'm not a complete idiot, but, I'm working on it

I’m learning more and more there should be lots of disclaimers on their videos. Like the differences in air fuel mix assemblies on the cb350. The jet sizes. The floats. The wiring. They never really point out how specific the differences are say between a 71 and 72 but imply they’re the same. Which isn’t true. In my case I had an o ring and washer on my air fuel mix screw that aren’t supposed to be there

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links