HondaTwins Forums

72 CB175 kickstand

Thread: 72 CB175 kickstand

Tags: None

I-Ride-A-ホンダ said:
    I'm looking for part #13 but CMSNL doesn't even list a part number.... I've seen a couple different side stands on my year bike thus far. I'm confused
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails
    Last edited by I-Ride-A-ホンダ; 08-03-2018 at 10:41 PM.
    Knowledge can never be taken away from you!

70CB175 said:
    Quote Originally Posted by I-Ride-A-ホンダ View Post
    I'm looking for part #13 but CMSNL doesn't even list a part number.... I've seen a couple different side stands on my year bike thus far. I'm confused
    The '69-'70 K3/K4s used the sidestand in your first post, which is also the same stand pictured in the CMSNL schematic. For '71, Honda switched to the "new style" stand that Richard attached pictures of earlier. The '71 K5 and up models all used that style of stand. I'm assuming they just used the same schematic for all the years of the 175 because it wasn't worth changing the shape of the sidestand in th picture. both stands are interchangeable as you probably could've guessed, just not "correct" for every year. I hope that is of some help. If I can find part numbers for either stand I will post them here.

I-Ride-A-ホンダ said:
    Quote Originally Posted by 70CB175 View Post
    The '69-'70 K3/K4s used the sidestand in your first post, which is also the same stand pictured in the CMSNL schematic. For '71, Honda switched to the "new style" stand that Richard attached pictures of earlier. The '71 K5 and up models all used that style of stand. I'm assuming they just used the same schematic for all the years of the 175 because it wasn't worth changing the shape of the sidestand in th picture. both stands are interchangeable as you probably could've guessed, just not "correct" for every year. I hope that is of some help. If I can find part numbers for either stand I will post them here.
    I'm about to give up on finding the correct side stand. I can't even find a part number

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

Richard_Pitman said:

I-Ride-A-ホンダ said:
    It's really confusing. The stand at the bottom of the pic is what came off of my bike.72 CB175 kickstand-1971cb175k5restoration003_zpsff595530.jpg

Russ Lang said:
    Not sure if this will help. I got this side stand off eBay. The bracket part is definitely correct, not sure about the actual stand. Don't really care because it works!

As you can see the length from the pivot point to where the bottom contacts the floor is about 9.5" (241mm).

72 CB175 kickstand-20181128_072930.jpg
    72 CB175 kickstand-20181128_072959.jpg

I actually bought two side stands that were sold as being from a CB175 but they were different in shape and length. I went with the longer one and it fits under my pipes and lets the bike sit at a good angle. Here's the one I didn't use. I did not try it but I think it would let the bike lean too much for my comfort. It's in pretty rough shape but the bracket part is correct. If you are interested in it let me know. I have a NOS spring that should work with it...

72 CB175 kickstand-20181128_082632.jpg
    72 CB175 kickstand-20181128_082659.jpg
    72 CB175 kickstand-20181128_082820.jpg
    72 CB175 kickstand-20181128_082750.jpg

I-Ride-A-ホンダ said:
    Here's what came off my bike. Frankenstand. I'm not even sure it's the correct part. At this point, I've come to the realization that it's not an concourse restoration so I think I'm gonna have to be happy with what I get. Thank you for the offer and I may take you up on it.

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

I-Ride-A-ホンダ said:
    I had an idea today. I work at a fab shop. I may be able to have the machine shop we have on site mill a foot to duplicate OE on our HAAS CNC mill. All the rest of the stand is super easy to fab after taking some measurements I think. I can even have the spring mounting tab lasered out and then I'll weld it on with some .030 hard wire in an attempt to exactly duplicate the small MIG fillet welds on the OE stand. When one door closes....

CB175K6 said:

Any idea what the two holes on the bottom are for?
    1972 CB175 - Rebuilding