1965 CB77 Petcock

1965 CB77 Petcock

I️ recently cracked my petcock near where the fuel goes into the tubes. I️ don't really see a way to fix that. Does anyone know where to buy a new petcock? It's an older one and has a cross tank tube that feeds into it, which is the main problem with all the newer knock offs. Maybe I️ can buy a newer one and seal off the cross tank tube??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you google the part number (16950-268-315) you can often find something.
    JT
    81 CM400T

Did you crack the body of the petcock itself, or is the brass tube cracked? If it is the tube, then it can be soldered. New petcocks are pretty pricey and hard to come across. Used ones come up on ebay often, but plan on buying a rebuild kit. If you are looking at one of the generic petcocks without a crossover tube, then you can block off the crossover tube on the tank. Honda actually eliminated the crossover on the latest CB77 tanks. You won't be able to get all of the gas out of the far side, though. If you do a temporary block of the crossover, then you can open it up again if you find a better CB77 petcock. One problem with the generic CB350/CB450 type petcocks is that the fuel outlets are on the wrong side for the CB77, requiring some inventive fuel line routing.
    1965 CB450 K0
    1966 CB450 K0 (current project)
    1964 CB77
    1965 CB77
    1964 CB72 (upcoming project)
    1965 CB72 (current project)
    1964 CA77
    1972 CB350 K4
    1960 Triumph TR6 Trophy (always looking for parts to finish this one...)
    1980 CB750K
    1982 XL250R

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

Thanks. The brass tubing snapped off but it looks like there's a hair line fracture in the petcock itself where the tubing snapped off. I️ might try and sodder the whole thing. i've looked everywhere for a new one but can't find anything on eBay or craigslist. I️ guess i'll try either soddering it or buying a were knock off and sealing off the cross tube. Thanks again.

Sponsored Links