Cb200 .5 over-bored CL pipes jetting

Cb200 .5 over-bored CL pipes jetting

It's been a couple years since I've posted here last. I wanted to know if anyone has had a similar setup on their bike. I've had the motor bored out and cl pipes added. If anyone has had this configuration what jetting did you end up using? I currently have both sets of jets for a CB200 and the CL 200.
    Phillip 76 CB200

Second overbore is not a key difference in this example....The exhaust is...... I would start two steps larger jetting (up to 38 and 100) than the stock CL set-up (one step up is strictly because of fuel quality, and the second because it's safer to be slightly too rich than too lean) .....Then read the plugs for indications of any necessary further jetting changes.......I suspect the ultimate result will be a 35 pilot and a 98 main, but better to foul plugs than scorch pistons.......

This assumes stock air cleaners and unaltered pipes.......
    Last edited by 66Sprint; 08-18-2019 at 11:21 AM.
    "I have a mind like a steel trap.....Old and rusty, of antiquated design, and hard to get stuff back out of...."
    Contact info: E-mail; [email protected] Phone; 540-525-5199

Thank you.

Stock airboxes and the pipes haven't been altered. Thank you again.
    Phillip 76 CB200

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

Let us know your ultimate results......
    "I have a mind like a steel trap.....Old and rusty, of antiquated design, and hard to get stuff back out of...."
    Contact info: E-mail; [email protected] Phone; 540-525-5199

Well I ordered the 98 and 100 jets

I went ahead and put in the 38 and 95 since I had them. Do you think I should be able to get it to idle with that setup? Asking because if I should I can make sure I dont have any underlying issues other than jetting while I wait.
    Phillip 76 CB200

Quote Originally Posted by pgcb200 View Post
    Well I ordered the 98 and 100 jets

I went ahead and put in the 38 and 95 since I had them. Do you think I should be able to get it to idle with that setup? Asking because if I should I can make sure I don't have any underlying issues other than jetting while I wait.
    I got jets in today. I put the 98 main and 35 pilot. It started right up seems pretty responsive to the idle screw. I'll get back to ya after some more fiddling.

Back again. I gave both the 98 and the 100 main a shot. I'm going to change out the pilot tomorrow.
    Last edited by pgcb200; 08-27-2019 at 07:16 PM.
    Phillip 76 CB200

Sponsored Links