Bike electrics , i'm dying here. please help - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Both plugs spark simultaneously on both the compression and exhaust strokes, so there is NO wrong way for the HT leads......
    Points should be opening (breaking contact) and plugs should fire at EXACTLY the F line to index line alignment.......
    Last edited by 66Sprint; 09-14-2019 at 03:13 AM.
    "I have a mind like a steel trap.....Old and rusty, of antiquated design, and hard to get stuff back out of...."
    Contact info: E-mail; [email protected] Phone; 540-525-5199

just seen the post about the wire at the handle bars, there was never one of these on the bike? however i do get earth on handlebars, should i fit one?

only then battery is full, i get a splutter from the engine, but thats about it, has fuel, points open and close, spark seems ok. not sure if i need new point and condenser or not. set to F line and
    cleaned, i feel like were getting there as well, but obviously something still not quite right.

holy ****, you come from Roanoke, seen it on american horror story, was that true?
    Last edited by Wallsy; 09-14-2019 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallsy View Post
    just seen the post about the wire at the handle bars, there was never one of these on the bike? however i do get earth on handlebars, should i fit one?....There SHOULD be a short (4" or so) wire with ring terminal ends connecting a handlebar riser to the bridge (top triple) at the meter bracket ...IF you have rubber isolated risers...You DO already have a ground as horn works.....

only then battery is fully charged...(Battery MUST be fully charged as this is a battery powered ignition)... i get a splutter from the engine, but thats about it, has fuel, points open and close, spark seems ok. not sure if i need new point and condenser or not. set to F line and
    cleaned, (Plugs MUST fire at EXACTLY the F line to index line alignment)....... i feel like were getting there as well, but obviously something still not quite right.

holy ****, you come from Roanoke, seen it on american horror story, was that true?
    No idea, never watched it.....
    Last edited by 66Sprint; 09-14-2019 at 01:16 PM.
    "I have a mind like a steel trap.....Old and rusty, of antiquated design, and hard to get stuff back out of...."
    Contact info: E-mail; [email protected] Phone; 540-525-5199

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

Update. And I feel silly. I have a known good plug that I use to test for a spark. So spark was looking good. Took one of the real plugs out and tested this. Spark seemed to jump to the side of the electrode which I found odd. So cleaned both of them again and gave them a scuff with a piece of sandpaper. Regapped them. And hey presto it fired up. Should have been the first thing I checked. But as I was so far deep into it. I missed the obvious. However new plugs on the way. As these were the original ones. I will also make a ground lead and fit this as well. Just the indicators to sort out and its golden . So I cant thank you enough for your help. Hopefully I will be able to help someone else with this post in future. Your the man.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links