This is different - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: This is different

I like it!!!!

The 30mph top end should be viewed alongside the fact it is being promoted as an urban bike.

Traditional motorcycling (for lack of a better term) has a tendency to blind us to the market (most of) these things are pointed at. I noticed the 5 hr. recharge time and the ability to take the battery pack with you. I see this as a huge plus for someone riding to work! Not only can you carry the battery to somewhere convenient for charging, nobody else can steal your partially charged bike w/o the battery! And of course that 5hr. change time fits neatly into just about any work schedule. Yeah, in the European or Asian urban markets I see this as a real innovation.

If they become available in The States I might even be interested at $3,400! Cooler than a 50cc scooter!

Now what is that sound they speak of???
    "They're not like cars with a body that rusts out in a few years. Keep them tuned and overhauled and they'll last as long as you do. Probably longer." - Robert Pirsig

It reminds me of the 2008 economic slump and I saw a absolute ton of cheap 50cc scooters everywhere because you could get one for 1500$ and don't need a motorcycle license.
    oupa and Rob Axel like this.
    1984 Honda CB450SC Nighthawk

If you can handle the price it might be fun to run around on at shows, swap meets and races .

Bill
    oupa likes this.

.. it “looks” different.. the rear suspension with minimal travel is by no means for anyone over 98lbs soaking wet.. this is all FORM, function was an afterthought..
    Kinda like the Pontiac Aztec.. all function, hell I think it actually came with a “tent” as a option.. FORM..,that was something left on the drawing room floor... I can’t believe ANYone in the automotive business would have signed off on that UUUUGGGLLLYYYY thing
    oupa likes this.
    "Yes, my hands and nails have grease stains. I ride vintage!"
    -xulf13-

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Axel View Post
    .. it “looks” different.. the rear suspension with minimal travel is by no means for anyone over 98lbs soaking wet.. this is all FORM, function was an afterthought..
    Kinda like the Pontiac Aztec.. all function, hell I think it actually came with a “tent” as a option.. FORM..,that was something left on the drawing room floor... I can’t believe ANYone in the automotive business would have signed off on that UUUUGGGLLLYYYY thing
    How much suspension do you need cruising around the city under 30mph? I ride my mountain bike around town under 30mph and it has even less suspension. It isn't meant to be a dirt bike or a full fledged motorcycle. It's too expensive for me and doesn't suit my needs but some of the criticism seems unwarranted.
    1981 Honda CX500D
    1974 Honda CB450
    1986 Yamaha Radian 600

Martha's Vineyard Ma

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Axel View Post
    ...Kinda like the Pontiac Aztec.. all function, hell I think it actually came with a “tent” as a option.. FORM..,that was something left on the drawing room floor... I can’t believe ANYone in the automotive business would have signed off on that UUUUGGGLLLYYYY thing
    I was looking for a smaller SUV a number of years ago and the salesman steered me over to look at an Aztek. I told him i didn't like its looks, and he asked me what was wrong with it. I told him the front end looked like someone put one car on top of another and then crushed them together...

This is different-aztek.jpg
    oupa and Rob Axel like this.
    1969 Honda CL350
    1983 H-D XLX-61 Sportster

Quote Originally Posted by 83XLX View Post
    I was looking for a smaller SUV a number of years ago and the salesman steered me over to look at an Aztek. I told him i didn't like its looks, and he asked me what was wrong with it. I told him the front end looked like someone put one car on top of another and then crushed them together...
    That is exactly what they looked like! It was like someone at Pontiac saw all the "tall" SUV's and decided to just build up from what they had. "Ummm, it don't work that way Jake." Only Jake had more pull with management.
    Rob Axel likes this.
    "They're not like cars with a body that rusts out in a few years. Keep them tuned and overhauled and they'll last as long as you do. Probably longer." - Robert Pirsig

The 30mph is probably to increase the range , it would probably go faster , just not as far .

Something like this makes more sense to me.

https://www.gtech.co.uk/ebikes/escen...ain-ebike.html

Still not cheap though.
    1970 Honda CB175K4
    1972 Honda CL175K7
    1999 Honda CB600 Hornet
    1970 - 1972 Random heap of CB/CL/SL 175 parts, slowly being reassembled ..

I dont want to get myself in trouble here but I saw a full blown , card holding , bike gang member riding an ebike . Maybe checking out for his kid or maybe they are catching on.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links