Selfies

View Poll Results: Have you ever taken a "selfie"??

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 60.00%
  • No

10 40.00%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Selfies

Selfies

How many of us have NEVER taken a selfie?
    Have you?
    Bill Lane
    Honda Twins Founding Member

No advice, just info

'75 CB200T, '71 CB450 K4 Half-Breed, '72 CL350 (Sold), '81 CM200T, '72 C70M
    and a little red Chineeze scooter

http://www.bikeexif.com/honda-cb450-restoration

I can probably count on both hands how many I've taken, and probably have a finger or two left. Don't find it important to do unless I'm with visiting relatives and there's no one around to take a picture for us. I have mirrors at home, I'm well aware of what I look like
    Klaus and Bill H like this.
    Tom

CL450 project reboot, street legal this time
    Budget drag bike project
    CB350K1 full patina project
    Ride along at the drag strip

running points... because I'm too old for mysteries that begin with pushing

I voted no. Must admit though to having tried it once or twice to see what it was all about. Since I only recently got a phone with a camera on both sides, the first attempt captured everything around me but me. The other attempt, since I'm old and wear reading glasses when looking at my phone, turned out to capture some unrecognizable old guy I didn't particularly want a picture of!

I don't do "social media." I'm not trying to impress ANYONE, and the last thing on my mind at this stage of life is trolling for admiring chicks. I have nothing to prove to anyone and little to toot my horn about. Nah, I'll leave the selfie stuff to a younger crowd who enjoy that sort of self-created fame. Have fun with it!

I do truly feel sorrow for the cellphone generation though. In most cases all their life memories are on a silicon chip. When the batteries expire or there is no longer a compatible device they're gonna wish they'd printed a photo of grandma or their kids as babies.
    "They're not like cars with a body that rusts out in a few years. Keep them tuned and overhauled and they'll last as long as you do. Probably longer." - Robert Pirsig

Pretty much all my travel photos with me in them from 25+ years ago are selfies, they were shot on film with a crap instamatic. If there was no one around you trusted, and you actually wanted to be in the picture there wasn't much choice other than holding the camera backwards at arm's lengthSelfies-img_20191011_114015.jpg
    Last edited by Simo; 10-10-2019 at 05:50 PM.
    oupa, 76TWIN and Alan F. like this.

Does it count when the wife is the one taking the shots? LOL

She's ALWAYS taking them when we're out ANYWHERRE *groans*
    ancientdad likes this.
    '76 CB500T Frankenbike
    '73 CL450 (basket case for now)

Carpe narem.

I take selfies occasionally, but usually for humor or when the military lets near their big guns

@oupa I'm going to disagree about how photos are stored. With just a bit of planning its quite easy to migrate your digital photos to new formats as they come out. And unlike film/prints, I can easily store my photos online "in the cloud" where they're immune to things like flooding and fires that might otherwise destroy physical copies. And digital storage makes it easier for me to keep all my memories in one place. I've taken 13,000 Photos last year for my job, and I can fit them all on a chip the size of a fingernail, where as storing 13,000 physical photos would be nearly impossible.

Selfies-rulft5zl.jpg
    Last edited by BlargKing; 10-10-2019 at 07:32 PM.
    Simo, 76TWIN and oupa like this.
    1984 Honda CB450SC Nighthawk

Tried it with my crappy flip phone and got crappy results.
    1980 cb400t Hawk

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Most selfies I do are "delete from device" worthy lol. with these smart phones these days you can do that instantaneously, with the old film cameras you had to go and have them processed printed and then get the picture and burn it.. lol
    Simo likes this.

I was told to take an occasional selfie just to prove I was there. This is 180 feet up a mono pole after a storm blew up an antenna.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Simo, ancientdad, 76TWIN and 2 others like this.

Germany, far in the west, near french border
    I sometimes take pictures of my wife and me while on holiday. As we prefer "lonely" enviroment for our hikes and walks (we like scandinavia for example) there is often no person around to take the picture.
    So I place my camera (a real camera, though digital. You can NOT use it as a phone or external brain) on a wall, tree fork or whatever, aim it at the scene and start the auto/self-timer, hurry to my wife in the hope of a decent picture. Works sometimes

I would not call this a "selfie", because selfies imply -for me- to have the picture taken with stretched out arm, using a so-called smartphone and getting a picture filled with 90% of your face as a result.
    If this is valid "0" selfies for me - simply because I still don't use a smartphone, but an old fashioned slider type mobile. The battery lasts for 3-4 weeks if its in standby only...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links