Harry Dunn - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Harry Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by Racingt View Post
    We have a saying here ‘what goes around, comes around’
    And we say it here as well... or as grandma said it, "he'll get his" - at some point. Too bad it won't likely make headlines, but hopefully the pendulum of justice will swing back the right direction eventually
    Tom

CL450 project reboot, street legal this time
    Budget drag bike project
    CB350K1 full patina project
    Ride along at the drag strip

running points... because I'm too old for mysteries that begin with pushing

Quote Originally Posted by Racingt View Post
    Apparently she had been in the U.K. only three weeks, and drove 400 yards on a straight road, on the wrong side, with her 12 year old son in the car. A terrible accident, but she should have stayed and seen justice. No lawsuits in the U.K. for this type of event.
    Instead her name is known worldwide and even your Mr Trump knows of her driving.
    We have a saying here ‘what goes around, comes around’
    Exactly.

Just seen footage of the crash site on TV, looks as though it happened on a blind brow, biker would have had little chance to avoid the collision. I think we use the term 'accident' to differentiate between this sort of event, and incidents caused by deliberate reckless driving, drunk in charge, racing etc.

I do feel quite a bit of sympathy for the lady. She didn't simply 'flee' the country, she had to have had the advice and collusion of senior personnel at that base to get her on a military transport aircraft, maybe even from Washington, bad advice as it turns out. I could quite understand if this had happened in a country like, for example, Iran, but the UK justice system is pretty lenient*, we don't stick folks in jail for 5 years on trumped up charges. She'd likely get a fine and a caution, possibly licence suspension, and it would all have been done and dusted.

* Straying off topic now. An example of British justice. A career criminal named Kenneth Noye, already convicted with involvement in bullion robbery, stabbed an undercover police officer to death, when he found him on his property. He was acquitted, citing self defence. Some time later, he stabbed a young man to death in a road rage incident, then fled to Spain. Eventually, he was extradited, tried and sentenced to life in prison. Except that life does not mean life in the UK, and he has now been released, in his early fit and healthy 70's, to live out his life in comfort on the proceeds of crime that he has stashed away. In a less 'enlightened' country he'd have been strapped to a hospital gurney and given a lethal cocktail of drugs. I don't support the death penalty by the way, I just think he should never have been released.
    1970 Honda CB175K4
    1972 Honda CL175K7
    1999 Honda CB600 Hornet
    1970 - 1972 Random heap of CB/CL/SL 175 parts, slowly being reassembled ..

One more time please. The lady is NOT connected to the U.S. military, she is the wife of a member of the diplomatic corps. Not that it changes the basic conversation, I just don't like the stink getting rubbed off where it doesn't belong.
    JT
    81 CM400T

Fair comment, I take your point that her husband is not a member of the military. From my civilian perspective, I tend to lump all folks working at a military base ( A UK air force base as it happens ) together, and I understand that there is of course a distinction in roles.

Our press describes her husband thus: ' Mrs Sacoolas is reportedly married to a US intelligence official.', some sort of spook I suppose, not a diplomat in the ambassadorial sense of the word. And she did fly home on a military aircraft, but again I suppose that is standard practice for people working on these bases.
    1970 Honda CB175K4
    1972 Honda CL175K7
    1999 Honda CB600 Hornet
    1970 - 1972 Random heap of CB/CL/SL 175 parts, slowly being reassembled ..

Saw on the news last night that the boys parents are in the US. The lady has agreed to meet with them. I dont know what she can say.

Bill

^^^but Harry Dunn's parents rightfully said they would only meet with her in the UK. You're right Bill, what could she say to them that would make any difference at this point. IMHO, she should go back and face her consequences.
    Tom

CL450 project reboot, street legal this time
    Budget drag bike project
    CB350K1 full patina project
    Ride along at the drag strip

running points... because I'm too old for mysteries that begin with pushing

Just saw on the news that Harry Dunn's parents are going to the White House to meet with Trump.

Bill

Trump just announced he met with the parents last night. Very sad meeting. The lady involved was in the next room but they refused to meet with her in the US and would only meet with her in England.

Bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links