So I was watching the big bicycle race.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: So I was watching the big bicycle race....

As some of you know I no longer ride due to health problems but am still wrenching. Iv been looking at the Can Am Ryker. Auto with reverse and around $8500.00. I have all the parts for the 400a build and am collecting pieces for a maybe side car build. Will see.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill H View Post
    As some of you know I no longer ride due to health problems but am still wrenching. Iv been looking at the Can Am Ryker. Auto with reverse and around $8500.00. I have all the parts for the 400a build and am collecting pieces for a maybe side car build. Will see.

Bill
    I, for one, hope you get to do one or the other Bill... as long as you can ride somehow. Not nearly as much fun just wrenching
    Tom

Ride along at the drag strip - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20jFPazXlvU

running points... because I'm too old for mysteries that begin with pushing

Quote Originally Posted by Bill H View Post

Bill
    i hope you get back on a bike too somehow

there was a guy in my town that owned a motorcycle shop , yrs back he was in a major wreck in a ditch for hours when someone ran him off the road one night and someone found him in the morning ,he was paralyzed legs down but built a 3 wheel motorcycle,a kz900 I think was his first one ,that had a flat track style side car that he drove his wheelchair up on and sat on the right side in his chair beside the bike with the handlebars in front of him .
    first time I saw him I saw left side of the bike and it looked like a bike going down the road with no one riding it!
    it was awesome to see him still riding, and wrenching, later he went on to have the Bonneville salt flat speed records for the Honda 454 streamliner I believe
    Never Give Up!
    Bill H likes this.

Ah yes, you are right, no locking mechanism. And it only has a side stand ?

https://drivetribe.com/p/7-things-yo...QIijb-rS0xdcpg

Lane splitting not allowed ? Life must be very dull for your bikers, can't imagine sitting in a queue of stationary traffic in the boiling heat. It's half the joy of urban motorcycling, making your way to the head of the queue at the lights and blasting off as they change. You do get the occasional moron in a car, but the majority of drivers keep an eye on the rear view mirror and make way for filtering bikes. A wave from the biker as you pass works wonders.

Riding past the queue at the filling station, straight to the vacant pump that the cars can't get to because the one behind is blocking it. Happy days ….

Confession time. 19 years ago, on my way home from a work meeting over at Kidderminster hospital, I was riding on a urban dual carriageway, sticking to the 30 limit, when I was cut off by a boy racer in a car, going well over the limit, really shook me up. A little way down the road, I caught up with him stuck in a traffic queue, and as I filtered past I smashed his door mirror off. Much impotent blowing of horn as I carried on my way. We tend not to have guns over here …..

And yes, I know, I shouldn't have done it. Satisfying at the time though.
    Bill H and ancientdad like this.
    1970 Honda CB175K4
    1972 Honda CL175K7
    1999 Honda CB600 Hornet
    1970 - 1972 Random heap of CB/CL/SL 175 parts, slowly being reassembled ..

Thanks Tom and toomanytoys. When Im busy it keeps the mind off other things but with the door up on the shop and you hear the bikes on the road you think--------

Bill
    ancientdad likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard_Pitman View Post
    And yes, I know, I shouldn't have done it. Satisfying at the time though.
    No lane splitting allowed here in Florida either, but it doesn't mean it never happens - and for me, it's more the way and when they do it, blowing by between cars on an open highway at speed, loud exhaust blasting your ears as they go by out of nowhere because they're running 40 to 50 mph over the limit while doing it. Nothing polite about it, and no wave either.

As for what you did Richard - perfect timing in the most appropriate of situations... I'd have done it too.
    Tom

Yes, there is a big difference between filtering through stationary or slow moving traffic, and 'lane splitting'.

blowing by between cars on an open highway at speed, loud exhaust blasting your ears as they go by out of nowhere because they're running 40 to 50 mph over the limit while doing it
    That would get an instant driving ban and a hefty fine over here, assuming that there was a traffic policeman to see it happen. Problem is, UK police force has been so reduced by budget constraints that the dangerous driving goes unchecked, whilst minor infractions get penalised, speed cameras, pausing in box junctions, parking for too long in same spot, all managed by jobsworth civilian contractors.
    1970 Honda CB175K4
    1972 Honda CL175K7
    1999 Honda CB600 Hornet

Quote Originally Posted by Richard_Pitman View Post
    That would get an instant driving ban and a hefty fine over here, assuming that there was a traffic policeman to see it happen. Problem is, UK police force has been so reduced by budget constraints that the dangerous driving goes unchecked, whilst minor infractions get penalised, speed cameras, pausing in box junctions, parking for too long in same spot, all managed by jobsworth civilian contractors.
    That's part of our problem over here, Richard - just as in the UK, not enough police and too little budget money, and of course if the offender is seen and going that much faster than the police at the time, they aren't allowed to give chase (whether or not they'd catch them anyway) as it is deemed too dangerous. Yes, it's easier to deal with the "low hanging fruit" of minor offenses. Apparently it's becoming a global issue, and respect for the laws and the police is at an all time low... just an example of how wonderful it is here in lovely New York City. Never going to catch me there in any condition

https://www.yahoo.com/news/outrage-n...105716125.html
    Tom

Just watched the video, that's appalling behaviour.

They wouldn't have got away with that with 'Dirty Harry'.
    1970 Honda CB175K4
    1972 Honda CL175K7
    1999 Honda CB600 Hornet

Nope, but those days are long gone now in our "softer, gentler" society today...
    Tom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links