The wave. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: The wave.

Quote Originally Posted by HerrDeacon View Post
    ...and by far the least when I'm on my MB5 (they just tend to stare, lol).
    I'll bet! You just don't see them around anymore, definitely not around here anyway. My guess is someone is so shocked to see that it IS a motorcycle once it gets close to them (since it's so slim, they might mistake it for a moped at a distance) that they're still in stare-mode as you pass... I love it.

I just wave as an act of solidarity with other bike riders... we have so little solidarity in anything anymore. Unless you go to a vintage or racing event, you just don't see much
    HerrDeacon likes this.
    Tom

Ride along at the drag strip - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20jFPazXlvU

running points... because I'm too old for mysteries that begin with pushing

Senior Member Carnivorous Chicken's Avatar
    I think it's regional as well. In places with short seasons where I've lived, Boston, NYC, Seattle, people tend to wave more openly. In other places, Phoenix and ABQ, Harley riders almost never wave to anyone other than Harley riders. Almost all are B-types. Some of the real A types will wave. At a show that was mostly B Harley types, I rode in on my CB160 and the folks who came around to check it out were the A types, including some older Hells Angels dudes, many of whom had stories about their first bikes in the '60s that were Hondas. The 160 won best Jap bike for the show, too. But far and away the vast majority of Harley guys in Phoenix are lawyer and dentist wannabes and kids who think they are bad ass.
    1965 CL160 project
    1966 CB77 project
    1968 CL175 sloper
    1969 CB160
    1972 Yamaha CS3 (sold!)
    1973 CB350F (Red)
    1973 CB350F (Green)
    1973 CB350F (green) project
    1975 CB400F engine in a 1973 350F frame
    1975 CB550K
    1977 CB400F
    Various jumbled bits and pieces...

Quote Originally Posted by ancientdad View Post
    I'll bet! You just don't see them around anymore, definitely not around here anyway. My guess is someone is so shocked to see that it IS a motorcycle once it gets close to them (since it's so slim, they might mistake it for a moped at a distance) that they're still in stare-mode as you pass... I love it.
    Either that or they are laughing at seeing a man riding a bike that weighs less than he does
    ancientdad likes this.
    Perry

1972 Honda CB350
    / 1978 Honda XL250S / 1982 Honda MB5 / 2017 Honda Africa Twin
    Riding Through the Fog

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links