HondaTwins Forums

Timing is EVERYTHING, not just setting an ignition ..

Thread: Timing is EVERYTHING, not just setting an ignition ..

Tags: None

Rob Axel said:

Timing is EVERYTHING, not just setting an ignition ..

I SWEAR Murphy has got to have me in his cross hairs...today is the first FULL day off I've had in a while to myself. I decided to put my time to good use. Cleared crud from the back yard, washed a couple windows...
    and BREW SOME BEER!!!
    Just my luck the temp decided to reach the MID 90s!!! Who needs a propane burner.. I can do the boil on the asphalt outside..
    All jokes aside, I'm glad I got to do it, I FINALLY got around to making the beer that got me into this deep rabbit hole.. Pilsner Uriquel clone.. I'll keep anyone interested posted as to how it comes out..
    BUT SEROUUSLY? It was freaking HOT today.. oh, did I mention I got to take a short ride also..
    "Yes, my hands and nails have grease stains. I ride vintage!"
    -xulf13-

Lefty said:
    I'd fill a mist fan sprayer with the brew, lash it to the s90s bars and cruise!

Rob Axel said:
    Now THATS a plan!!!
    -xulf13-

Pete W R said:
    Where is "Savannah Ga" as shown in your "location" (90f sounds nice :>)

Rob Axel said:
    Savannah, Georgia ..USA..
    More like 95 with 95% humidity ...
    The degree temp is only relitive .. its the humidity that is the kicker..
    I've spent summers in the desert, and winters in the north.... I'll deal with heat any time!
    Learned some good "no chill" beer brewing techniques from some gentleman "Down under".. gonna give it a shot..
    Last edited by Rob Axel; 05-25-2019 at 07:33 PM.
    -xulf13-

Pete W R said:
    Yes, humidity knocks you around. Here in South Oz our weather is becoming more humid as things change but I don't mind, my wife hates it. Good for growing things in the garden if thats your thing. Good to get out on a bike and get some air past your face too. Oh na goo beer drinking weather!! Winter here now, so a dark brew is the go, a stout, mmm, its just gone midday- that'll do. out in to the workshop with one. Moderation tho! ;(

Rob Axel said:
    ... we have FERMENTATION!!!
    Was a little worried, gravity was a bit high (depending on what device I used) 1.053/1.057.. and the yeast was a new strain I have never used so .. temp messed with readings..
    So far so good...
    Timing is EVERYTHING, not just setting an ignition ..-img_8502.jpgTiming is EVERYTHING, not just setting an ignition ..-img_8499.jpg
    -xulf13-

frogman79 said:
    PPPISHHH, that stout I made 2 weeks ago was over 1.63 but that was because it got about a half pound of brown sugar right at the end. :P It went into the keg today and into the fridge for a chill and a carb up ready for next weekend, tasted pretty damn good considering it was room temp, figured oatmeal stout should have a molasses hint since that is how I like my oatmeal.

Brew looks good, nice straw color. I do love my refractometer so glad I bought one last year.

I used to love brewing in the summer in Oklahoma, that state got me into the hobby with their 3.2 laws. If I wanted cheap GOOD beer I had to make it myself so I did for 7-8 years that was my main source of craftish brews. Freaking HOT in the summer though, I would loose a least a quart of water in sweat watching things but it was always worth it.

Will be doing some more brews shortly, NB had their summer all grain kits on sale, 3 for 20$ each so yeah.... I'm stocked for the next 3.
    Franz >>> 450 build >>>360 Build

Rob Axel said:
    Ok Boys.. just for you.. New holland dragons milk chocolate / orange stout and a Irish whisk(e)y kicker..Timing is EVERYTHING, not just setting an ignition ..-img_8532.jpg

Does anyone know how to "correct" uploaded pics.. this is getting OLD!!
    -xulf13-

ancientdad said:
    Tom

Ride along at the drag strip - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20jFPazXlvU

running points... because I'm too old for mysteries that begin with pushing