getting out of bikes sale
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: getting out of bikes sale

getting out of bikes sale

Hi All:

up until two years ago I was on here every day. I'd been building and racing Honda twins for 20+ years.

so what happened two years ago you ask? I bought a boat now I spend all my time on the boat.

as such I've come to terms with the fact that I'm not likely to get back into restoring Honda twins.

I am there fore putting up all the Honda twins stuff I have for sale.

I've probably spent at least $7k in all the stuff I've got on my shelves; quite a bit of it is new and NOS parts, including freshly machined parts ready to bolt one, freshly powdercoated parts ready to bold on, etc. none of it is junk. all of it is in great shape. Many of the NOS parts I've been collecting for decades when prices were much less than now...

there are enough parts to build two complete bikes, 4 complete engines, 4 sets of wheels, 4 front ends, also includes body parts, etc. with lots of left overs.

the bikes I had planned on building and collected parts for were:
    1 1971 CB350 K2 (with title) - this one was going to be a honda bagger with the following features:
    OEM hondaline batwing fairing and saddle bags
    NOS Chrome highway crash bars
    Hondaline Triple A luggage rack.
    NOS exhaust system, yes, a Brand New, honda factory made still in the wrapper CB350 K4 exhaust system that's never been mounted, and sitting on a shelf since 1972.
    K4 engine with a fully build top end including billet Megacycle 123-20 cam (all machine work on the head and cylinders is done) 5mm stem valves with racing springs, VM30 carbs with port matched intake boots.
    DiD rims with Pirelli radial tires with NOS spokes.
    41mm front forks (two complete sets to choose from, NT650 and SV650 including brakes and triple trees)
    CB350 K1 tank with all emblems and knee pads.
    plus everything else to build it and lots of things I'm forgetting to be sure

21972 SL350K2 - (bill of sale only) this one was going to be a bubba shobert replica flat tracker
    fiberglass flattracker tail with seat and matching fiberglass tank (needs to be epoxy sealed to protect against ethanol)
    NOS stock top end cylinders machined but head still needs to be built.
    two sets of pipes, OEM SL350 pipes (rarer than hens teach) and a vintage NOS Hooker 2 into 1 that's has some fabrication work done for mounting mock uk up
    Kawasaki KDX175 front end
    plus everything else to build it and lots of things I'm forgetting to be sure

in addition to the above, I have lots of extra stuff as well:
    rims, DID, Akront rain catchers, etc.
    boxes of NOS spokes for at least 4 sets of wheels
    brand new still in the wrapper Pirelli radial tires (intended for bagger bike above)
    hubs including several for disk brakes Yamaha XH650, suzuki GT550 (great racing drum brake) CB450, CB350, SL350, etc
    lots of switches,
    several exhaust systems (one full on race exhaust that came from my championship winning race bike that's been freshly ceramic coated and looks brand new)
    enough engine parts to build two CB motors and 2 SL motors.
    freshly powdercoated (chrome powdercoat) fenders from a CB350 K0 with lights.
    lots of powdercoated brackets and bits. several sets of headlight tins and seats
    lots of new sets of points, cables, fork gaiters, brake shoes, fuel filters.
    3 or 4 sets of NOS honda gasket and seal kits.
    several sets of carburators both mikuni and Kehein along with new OEM air filters and K&Ns,
    wiring harnesses,

just too much to list.

prefer to sell it all together...

Priced at $3,000 for everything.

Here's a few of the bikes I've built
    getting out of bikes sale-img_0344-1-.jpggetting out of bikes sale-img_1991-1-.jpggetting out of bikes sale-img_2019-1-.jpggetting out of bikes sale-img_0017-1-.jpg

In addition to (and not included with) the parts listed above I will soon be listing two bikes will also be foe sale.
    Bike 1 CB350K0 concourse restoration...$8k in NOS parts, chrome, powdercoat and paint (Marbles Motors did the OEM factory matched paint on NOS tins with NOS badges)
    Bike 2 CB350K5 no expenses spared Cafe racer...about $12K invested in build...best of everything starts up, runs great, idles, makes about 40 HP at the wheel, fully braced frame with very high end everything. looks like a factory built bike...yeah really. done in Mike Hailwood colors

I'm not unrealistic and expecting to recoup what I have in the bikes but I'm also not giving them away either.

PM me if interested I can send you lots of high res photos and discuss the builds or the parts....I'm located near Annapolis, MD...no disappointments or stories for the bikes or the bits.

thanks for reading

John AKA Outobie
    Last edited by outobie; 09-29-2018 at 08:50 AM.
    CB350 K5 - Uber Café- Engine build 3
    CL350 K4 - Cafe build done waiting on final assembly
    CB350 K0 - Full restoration w/Hondaline bags & fairing
    SL350 K2 - Bubba Shobert flat track build on deck
    CB-1 400F - unrestored mint rider
    2012 Guzzi V7 Racer - Daily Ride

Sorry to see you go. I understand, as best I can, your reasoning... and I wish you and your family good luck in the future. Enjoy that boat!
    Tom

Ride along at the drag strip - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20jFPazXlvU

running points... because I'm too old for mysteries that begin with pushing

thanks AncientDad

at least I'm still into twins...twin engines that is

I'm sure someone else will be able to use this stuff...better than having it sit on my shelves any longer.
    Last edited by outobie; 09-29-2018 at 08:47 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

There's a common saying around here. "There are two of the happiest days in a boater's life. The day he bought the boat and the day he sold it.". Just kidding though. Enjoy your boat.
    Lefty and Rizingson like this.
    '76 CB500T Frankenbike
    '73 CL450 (basket case for now)

Carpe narem.

we got an older 27' cabin cruiser last year to see if we would use it and try different activities to see what we liked best. the whole family loved it and we used it every chance we could...about 300 hours in 2 seasons...we fish, go on overnight trips, go to the sandbar, watersports and just cruise to dinner and to visit friends.

now that we know what we like we're shopping for a bigger and newer boat for next year and a 2nd small skiff for the kids who all now have their boating licenses.

we want something that's more comfortable for all of us to take longer trips on.

I"ve done the cross country thing on bikes a few times...now I want to do some exploring by boat...up to Main, down to Florida and over to the islands in the Caribbean.

I will say this...working on bikes was a lot easier than working on boats...so many systems on boats and soooo many hard to reach places in extremely uncomfortable positions.

I could buy a new Harley every year for what my annual boating expenses have become
    Last edited by outobie; 09-29-2018 at 09:23 AM.

$3k a crazy deal for those parts!!! Too bad 3000 miles separates me from them...

Thank you for sharing your experience and passion with this forum. Your and Steve's contributions have been instrumental to the success of honda twins. While 350 enthusiasts will no longer have the privilege of having you respond directly to their questions, your knowledge will live on in the search function. Take care, and enjoy everything life has to offer!

Quote Originally Posted by outobie View Post
    I will say this...working on bikes was a lot easier than working on boats...so many systems on boats and soooo many hard to reach places in extremely uncomfortable positions.

I could buy a new Harley every year for what my annual boating expenses have become

And that's assuming you have your own dock. The monthly expense of that and maintenance are the main things keeping me from buying a boat myself.
    Saltwater boats require a lot more maintenance than freshwater.
    '76 CB500T Frankenbike
    '73 CL450 (basket case for now)

Carpe narem.

The day will come when we all feel it's time to give up current hobbies, for various reasons. I wish you the best in the new memories you are creating with family.
    ancientdad likes this.
    ...the era is gone forever, fortunately the motorcycles remain...

John,
    sounds like a good move. Keep us posted on how you do with the sale. We are always interested in what our beloved projects are worth. BTW- I may suggest you keep one of the bikes. They don't take up much space, are easy to store and reasonable to insure. I understand about not having time. I went through the same thing when my kid was growing up. It will be there anytime you need therapy. Post some pictures of the boat!
    ancientdad and dtsmjr8dan like this.
    Jim Palmer
    '85 GL1200I (Garage Find)
    '81 GL1100 STD (Project)
    CB450 K5 Done
    https://www.hondatwins.net/forums/1-...s-cb450k5.html
    What I learned from Restoring a CB450 K5
    Watch Mike and Jim Take on Mt Erie Washington State
    "If everything seems under control you are not going fast enough" Mario Andretti...

getting out of bikes sale-e85f0883-6584-4ea5-9099-3510068795c3.jpg

Hers the boat when I got getting out of bikes sale-2a564581-6600-439c-9657-3b55aa640480.jpggetting out of bikes sale-aebdcd80-9308-4dbe-a371-82c0426fd4b6.jpggetting out of bikes sale-edf7d5f6-4faf-4c53-9b76-d14cc2e233e9.jpgit last year

lots done since then

1987 tiara with twin small Block Chevy 350s.

Ive reworked half the boat so far

welded holes in the fresh water tanks

replaced all wiring and plumbing

caught up on all engine and drive maintenance

repaired a soft spot on the fiberglass deck

built a teak pulpet and installed an electric windlass and raw water wash down system
    installed new gps

rebuilt the head
    installed new wiper motors

installed new electric helm chair...and on and on

im loving it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails getting out of bikes sale-3af429fa-2df6-44ad-805a-d740b0728dfb.jpg   getting out of bikes sale-5072a3a0-3e2f-430e-9792-7e21bed6f962.jpg   getting out of bikes sale-cc03e74c-3827-4868-8c8a-6c0ccf6e3a2e.jpg  

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links