getting out of bikes sale - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: getting out of bikes sale

Quote Originally Posted by outobie View Post
    hope you are having fun

Outobie
    and we hope you're having fun too... even though you don't have a "dog in the fight" anymore, I hope you still check in now and then to help keep us all in line
    Tom

Ride along at the drag strip - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20jFPazXlvU

running points... because I'm too old for mysteries that begin with pushing

thanks, I still have 4 bikes in garage, 2 350s, a 73 Elsinore Cr250 and Z50 minibike that all need to be sorted out and sold
    CB350 K5 - Uber Café- Engine build 3
    CL350 K4 - Cafe build done waiting on final assembly
    CB350 K0 - Full restoration w/Hondaline bags & fairing
    SL350 K2 - Bubba Shobert flat track build on deck
    CB-1 400F - unrestored mint rider
    2012 Guzzi V7 Racer - Daily Ride

You've got to keep at least ONE !

Just in case you need to run out for a quick gallon of milk with a back pack.
    Heck the Mini can ride the boat for a fast shore trip.
    1970 CB 350 CAFE - Current Project on the bench,
    1972 CB 350 K4 Red - Now a Happy Rider ! !
    1972 CB 350 K4 Green (My Sons) DONE - YES !,
    1st Bike 1970 SL 350 (Brought home in Parts - Trailer/Trunk/Back Seat - I miss that bike),
    2nd - Bike Kawasaki 750
    3rd - '73 XLCH 1000

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

I wish you Happy sailing, stay safe. Your bikes are beautiful. Do you have a rearcarrier/back rest like the one on the red bike? My wife wont ride with me without one which forces me to leave the 72 cl350 at home and ride the95 k75 boohoo. Thank you Bob Woodward

OK all the parts are sold.

now here's the cafe bike up for grabs...ebay auction will be starting Sunday

Attention collectors, new riders and seasoned bikers;

Spring is FINALLY HERE!

For your consideration is a 1973 Honda CB350G Café resto/mod.

The $3,000 show quality paint job on this special bike number “60”, is liveried in the colors Mike “the Bike” Hailwood rode to the 1967 350cc World Grand Prix championship aboard Honda’s 6 cylinder RC174. See below links for more info on the history: Honda Hall Racebikes 1967 Honda RC174

The CB350G’s are Honda’s best and final year for their venerable 350 twin engine, which powered more road going Hondas motorcycles than any other engine Honda ever sold. This bike is in Concourse Condition. It has undergone a meticulous restoration / customization. Since restoration, this CB has logged about 550 miles since restoration is in working condition and handles like a modern sport bike. The fully adjustable Tomaselli clip on handle bars in conjunction with the Dunstall rear sets and handmade real suede pleated saddle with dense foam makes the seating triangle sporty, yet very very comfortable for a café style bike. It’s not very often a completely sorted, comfortable and properly functioning turn-key Cafe comes around, so don’t miss out on your opportunity to own this wonderful no-expenses-spared CB350G Café. You won’t be disappointed!

I’ve specialized on and have been restoring Honda 350 twins for decades. I don’t build any other brand or model bike and know these 350 inside and out. I only build a couple bikes per year and take my time to do them properly without cutting corners. Check out my feedback. I’ve sold lots of bikes on eBay to very satisfied buyers. As good as many of my prior 350 builds have been, this one is my personal bike that I’ve built over many years with the best of the best parts available at any price. I’ve invested slightly over $12,000 in parts, machine work, and paint for this build.

This CB350G has been assembled with the best parts industry has had to offer, both OEM Honda original parts, top shelf race components and beautifully crafted café touches. What I have done is a full, down to and including the crank disassembly, inspection and reconditioning of the entire bike. The engine was treated to a 66.5mm full race overbore with new THR spec Wiseco 10.5 to 1 racing pistons and rings. The head has been port-matched and cleaned with a full valve job by Pat Sanford with Kibblewhite valvetrain mated to a Megacycle 123-40 race spec cam that’s been properly degreed in and tuned for the Mikuni round slide 32mm carbs. A custom all stainless 2 into 1 exhaust with dimensions from Bill Moeller (formerly of Bore-tech) has been hand fabricated by Benjie’s Café Racer. This spec is rated to put down 42HP to the rear wheel reliably while still starting up and idling. Extensive jetting tests were done with the help of the 1993 AHRMA light weight twins champ, Rusty Foard. All seals and gaskets were replaced with new OEM Honda ones and everything functions as well as or better than new.

Everything works as new including all electrics. The stock Honda charging system has been upgraded to the high output Rick’s Electric charging system and charges perfectly. Dyna mini High output coils with graphite high tension leads have been installed on custom brackets. The gauge cluster is a modern programable Koso unit (the same one Bimota used on several of their models). The wiring harness has been adapted from a modern CBR600 to incorporate safety features such as kickstand and clutch interrupt. A Modern OEM Honda H4 headlight from a Honda Hornet had been installed along with an LED tail light. Turn signals are OEM Honda CB350.

Nice curtesy features have also been added like a keyed seat release, and an ignition switch with built in handlebar lock. For ease of maintenance, the hand built stainless exhaust system has been routed to allow retention of the stock Center Stand. You’d be hard pressed to find another café bike with this much attention to detail, ease of maintenance and OEM quality execution.

Restoration services completed include:

Chassis:

• 1973 CB350G frame and swing-arm
      • All brackets have been removed for the stock foot pegs, etc.
      • Kickstand bracket, rear inner fender brackets and tail section brackets have been welded on for ease of service
      • The frame has been gusseted beneath the engine tying the cradle sides together as well as between the spine and the rear down tubes for significantly increased torsional rigidity. All frame mods were derived from AHRMA championship winning bikes. This bike handles more like a modern sport bike than a vintage bike.
      • Frame and all brackets have been sandblasted and powder coated with all new OEM bushings installed on the swing-arm and shock pivots.
      • Rear Shocks are Works Performance full race units with specs taken from Ari Henning’s championship winning 350 race bike.
      • Front forks and have been replaced with 35mm Yamaha XS650 forks that were fully disassembled cleaned, and clear coated with new seals and proper fork oil
      • Front Yamaha XS650 and rear OEM Honda hubs have been stripped, cleaned, polished and re-laced with new Buchannan Stainless Steel spokes to new Takasago aluminum rain catcher rims. The rims are both wider than stock to accommodate modern radial tires (2.15 x 18 front and 2.50 x 18 rear)
      • It has a CB200 gas tank which was chosen for aesthetic properties. I just love the chrome trimmed tank pad on the coffin shaped tank. In my opinion it’s the best look of any Honda tank.
      • petcock is brand new OEM Honda with new seals and filters
      • Tail section is an Ohmars heavy duty fiberglass piece from their MANX collection which has been fitted with a professionally upholstered pleated suede seat attached to a custom-made fitted aluminum seat pan with a quick release keyed mount (similar to most modern sport bikes)
      • Steering head bearings and have been replaced with, new greased tapered bearings from All Balls
      • Front fender is a cut down steel Yamaha XS650 piece that has been powder-coated and retained for proper fork bracing and rigidity
      • Rear inner fender is from a 1972 SL350 and has been cut down, and attached to custom welded on mounting tabs to prevent road debris from damaging electrics and carburetors.
      • Front headlight fairing and wind shield is new OEM 2012 MotoGuzzi Café Racer piece.

Power Train:

• CL350K4 motor
      • Motor has been fully disassembled down to the crank, cleaned inspected and reassembled with all new OEM Honda gaskets and seals. During the rebuild, new THR race 66.5mm race pistons and rings were installed.
      • Cylinders were professionally bored by Pat Sanford racing
      • Head has a completely brand new valve train installed with a full valve job and has had the head and cylinders properly decked.
      • I’ve put about 800 miles on this motor since the rebuild. It runs, revs freely and feels dramatically stronger than stock. The build was speced for 42 rear wheel horsepower (up from 27 stock)
      • Engine cases and head were glass bead blasted and clear coated with high temp clear. Side cases were glass bead blasted and cleared.
      • New K&N filters installed onto Mikuni VM32 round slide carbs properly dialed in. The bike runs and carburates cleanly with an ever so slight stumble at 6k RPM as it comes on the cam on its way to a screaming 11,000 RPM redline where it continues to make tons of power all the way to the top.
      • Exhaust system is a custom two into one piece crafted by Benjie’s Café Racer out of stainless-steel using dimensions from Bill Moeller (formerly of Bore-Tech)
      • All control cables are new black units. They are of proper length, properly routed, lubricated and work perfectly.

Electric:

• All electrics in as – new condition
      • New Battery
      • Probe Engineering electronic ignition with electronic advance
      • Aftermarket Ricks Electric high output stator with Regulator/Rectifier
      • Entire electric system (and I mean everything) has been completely rebuilt
      • Everything functions as new.
      • Wiring harness was a low mile takeoff from a CBR600F1, chosen for several of it’s key components, ignition switch, fuse block, kickstand and clutch safety switches, etc. then adapted to the CB350 layout and cable runs.
      • A custom sub-harness was made for the tail section using OEM type bullet connectors. If you didn’t know otherwise, you’d think it was an OEM Honda harness
      • Starter motor was disassembled cleaned inspected and reassembled
      • Rear turn signals are OEM Honda 350 that have been disassembled, cleaned inspected and installed to stock locations.
      • LED tail light has been frenched in to the tail section and mounted on stub café style aftermarket rear fender
      • Headlight ears are aftermarket Tomaselli pieces from Italy as are the fully adjustable clip on handlebars
      • Controls pods consist of an RC51 1/8th turn throttle unit on the right bar and an aftermarket endure unit on the left that provides an on / off switch and a flash to pass feature for the headlight.
      • Gauges are a new high end programmable Koso piece commonly seen on exotic bikes like Bimota

Controls:

• New Tomaselli Italian Aftermarket fully adjustable clip-ons fit for optimal comfort and control
    • OEM Honda grips
    • Front Brakes consist of a 320mm Brembo rotor pinched with Ferodo race compound pads by a Yamaha XS650 caliper fed through custom Russell steel braded brake lines by a MotoGP style Radial 12mm Magura master cylinder. This brake is unbelievable; allowing one or two finger operation that can loft the rear wheel.
    • Rear sets are Dunstall pegs and shifters with custom made linkages properly spaced, adjusted and sprung…

I think the pictures show the exceptional condition accurately.

The bike is available for inspection by appointment. Please contact me via email to schedule. No test rides will be permitted until bike has been paid for in full.

Bids from bidders with less then 10 positive feedback will be cancelled. Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis if the bidder discusses with me BEFORE placing a bid. Bike is for sale as is where is. No shipping is offered or included. A $1,000 deposit is due via pay pal from the winning bidder within 24 hours of end of auction. Balance is due in cash (no exceptions) at time of pickup.

Reason for sale is I’ve gotten a boat and now spend my free time on the water or working on the boat. I am selling all my bikes and related equipment. The last pic is of my 1968/69 mostly NOS CB350 K0 which is also for sale and will be listed soon.
    ancientdad likes this.

getting out of bikes sale-img_3266.jpg
    getting out of bikes sale-img_3273.jpg

getting out of bikes sale-img_3280.jpg

getting out of bikes sale-img_3274.jpg
    getting out of bikes sale-img_3270.jpg
    getting out of bikes sale-img_3279.jpg
    getting out of bikes sale-img_3284.jpg
    getting out of bikes sale-img_3294.jpg
    getting out of bikes sale-img_3293.jpg
    getting out of bikes sale-img_3303.jpg

will be listing the 68 K0 next. reserve for both will be $4k.

PM me if you want any specific photos or to discuss.

Bike is located near Annapolis, MD 21012

Senior Member chaindrivecharlie's Avatar
    Sorry to see your getting out of bikes outobie, that is one sweet ride!! Good luck on your auction, i pray it goes beyond reserve on both bikes for you.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
    Charlie

1972 CL 175 K6
    1972 CL 350 K4
    1981 CM 400 C

Joshua 24:15

Auction not up yet ? Couldn't find it....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links