Cannot Find Signature Edit Function Described in "NEW MEMBERS PLEASE READ" Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By frogman79

Thread: Cannot Find Signature Edit Function Described in "NEW MEMBERS PLEASE READ" Thread

Cannot Find Signature Edit Function Described in "NEW MEMBERS PLEASE READ" Thread

The "NEW MEMBERS PLEASE READ" thread in the Member Introductions section says, "#2 - In your signature, please list what model of bike you're currently working on... To do the editing just look to the top of your screen just under the Hondatwins logo. There will be a clickable link that says "user control panel." Click that and then look to the left. You'll see where it says "profile." Once that is clicked you'll see where to fill in your location details. Then click submit at the bottom. Once that is done look to the left again and click on "edit signature". Fill in what bike model/s you own or are working on, and any other personal things you'd like to include in your signature. Then click submit at the bottom. PRESTO! You're all done. "

These instructions appear to be obsolete. There is no "clickable link that says 'user control panel'" "under the Hondatwins logo" and under "Forum Actions" the "Edit Profile" choices also do not provide a way to add or edit a signature.

This "NEW MEMBERS PLEASE READ" thread is nine+ years old: did the Signature Edit function get lost in some subsequent Forum software update since then? Or am I going blind?!!

My OS=Win7 Ult.; browser=IE11.0.76

Yes, the instructions appear to be from when the forum was run on different software. To do this now, click Settings in the upper right section of the page, then on the next page you can see all your edit type functions running down the left hand side. Edit Signature should be listed there.
    Perry

1972 Honda CB350
    / 1978 Honda XL250S / 1982 Honda MB5 / 2017 Honda Africa Twin
    Riding Through the Fog

^^^and to add to that above - you can't make a signature until after your 10th post, instituted a year or so ago to control spamming in the signature area
    Tom

CL450 project reboot, street legal this time
    Budget drag bike project
    CB350K1 full patina project
    Ride along at the drag strip

running points... because I'm too old for mysteries that begin with pushing

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

Lemme see about fixing that issue. Perry is right post is very old and from a time when we had software that actually let us search the forums better...

Too Clever For Me

Uh, wow. Let me see if I understand this.

The thread, "NEW MEMBERS PLEASE READ" instructs all New Members to put certain information in their signature. But the instructions there refer to an obsolete version of the Forum software, not what's there now. And in any case, for the "last year or so" New Members are prevented from carrying out those instructions.

Of course, as a clueless newbie I'm just guessing about this. But if there's an Edit Signature function in the Settings screen, I can't see it:

Cannot Find Signature Edit Function Described in "NEW MEMBERS PLEASE READ" Thread-settings-options.jpg

This seems like that scene in "Raiders" where the old guy translating the hieroglyphs on the Headpiece of the Staff of Ra explains how on one side it says how tall to make the staff, but on the other side it says to "Take back one kadam to honor the Hebrew God, whose Ark this is."

I wonder how long it takes other newcomers here to learn they're digging in the wrong place.

I've already fixed the issue even included pictures pointing to where to go and included instructions for members with less than 10 posts. This was an old issue that most of us MOD's had forgotten about...

Please read the post again, may have to refresh the page.
    ancientdad and knauff13 like this.

Sponsored Links