New member in East TN
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FerrisBueller

Thread: New member in East TN

New member in East TN

Hello, just thought I would post a quick hello and thanks. I haven't had a bike since the late '80's, life gets in the way sometimes. This site was instrumental in me getting back into bikes after 30 years. Started getting the itch when I assisted a college friend of my daughters. He wanted a small bike/scooter for running around on, found a great deal on a Buell Blast so I picked it up for him. Went through the bike and got it running, tires brakes etc. Test rode it to make sure no surprises. Well one thing leads to another.

So this past Sunday, I picked up an '82 CM450C for a song, as it has been sitting for 10 years under cover, bit of course it was running when parked ;'). The chain and sprockets seem like new, air filter is new. Oil is clean, and the oil pressure light went out as soon as the engine made a couple of turns with the starter. Pressure washed and started cleaning up. Carb insulators crumbled when pulling carbs. But airbox boots seemed ok but stiff. Disassembled the carbs and was surprised at how clean they were. Cleaned the Jets, emulsifiers and accelerator pump. All ok and reassembled. New insulators just came in today. Put carbs on, adjusted valves. Need new fuel hose so not going to connect the cleaned tank yet. Have the carbs a shot of carb cleaner and she fired right up. I had previously checked spark, so wasn't surprised.

Things to do, fork seals, front master cylinder, replace 20 year old tires. Sync carbs after I change the oil and filter. New agm battery.

Again, thanks for all the information you all have put up. Made my purchase easy.

Here it is when I picked it up. Will take pics after I complete the list.New member in East TN-img_20191103_160352.jpgNew member in East TN-img_20191103_160405.jpgNew member in East TN-img_20191103_160423.jpgNew member in East TN-img_20191103_160728.jpg

Larry
    Last edited by FerrisBueller; Yesterday at 04:48 PM. Reason: Forgot name
    knauff13 likes this.

Welcome. Those are some great before pics!
    Last edited by Chainman; Yesterday at 04:53 PM.
    1980 cb400t Hawk

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Welcome, and yes - those are great before pictures, which is just what we like to see around here. Thanks for doing it the right way, proper introduction and multiple pictures to boot. As you're already aware, plenty of knowledge and information here when you need it.
    Tom

CL450 project reboot, street legal this time
    Budget drag bike project
    CB350K1 full patina project
    Ride along at the drag strip

running points... because I'm too old for mysteries that begin with pushing

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

Yup, using the info before I even joined. Great knowledge base. Thanks again.

Larry

Sponsored Links