Good Morning from Wisconsin

Good Morning from Wisconsin

Hello Everyone, I've been reading technical articles for a few months on this forum and thought it was about time to join. I'm located in Madison, Wisconsin. I'm a recent college graduate just getting into the world of old Honda motorcycles.

I picked up a 1972 CL350 about 2 years ago that had been sitting for 10 years. The bike is in really nice shape, low miles and all, and I've been slowly breathing life back into it. After having a full engine rebuild professionally done over last winter and slapping some new Mikunis on, it runs like a dream. I've included a picture of it in it's current state below. I'm now getting the last few things sorted out before the whole bike is fully function. I live a short but beautiful ride from work and the plan is to use it as my commuter once I have it fully sorted.

I grew up around old cars - my family and I are amateur vintage racers at Road America during the nicer months in the summer - and gained a love for all things old with wheels and an engine from my parents. Learned wrenching from working with my dad to keep his race car going, and eventually worked part time through college as a mechanic at an automotive restoration shop in Verona to help pay for my schooling. I like cars but have very rapidly developed a love for this little old Honda and am excited to be a part of this community. Thanks very much to the moderators, admins, and posters who run and contribute to this excellent forum; I'm excited to be a part of it.

Good Morning from Wisconsin-img_6849.jpg
    Last edited by Both0703; 09-16-2019 at 07:35 AM.

Welcome to the group!
    That's a beautiful bike. Enjoy.

I lived and worked around Madison for 3 years back in the 80's. It's a great place to live.

Mike M.
    1982 CB450SC Nighthawk
    2 x 1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged (one finished, one under reconstruction)
    2018 Honda Civic SI

Hi Mike, thanks very much, it's a joy to ride. I've learned a lot already just from tinkering on it. Madison's a fun town, I'm glad to be here.

Sponsored Links