Newby Saying Hello to Everyone.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Birdmanvii

Thread: Newby Saying Hello to Everyone.

Newby Saying Hello to Everyone.

Brand new to this forum and Saying hello.

I Just bought a 71 maybe its a 72, Honda CB450 from an individual who bought it from an estate along with ton of other stuff. He said he wasn't interested in motorcycles and didn't know much about them and didn't want it. The bike was dirty from being in storage for 20 years, it has only 9K miles on it great looking pipes and mufflers, and everything looks like its there, to include the side covers. I paid $295 for it and I was very lucky to get it.

I saw his ad with photos on our our local Craigslist this past Saturday three hours after he posted it. I called him up and told him that if it turns over and is as good as it looks in the picture, that I would take the bike and that I would come up and pay him.. I told him that my concern was that I would drive two hours up to his place and that he would sell it to someone else in the mean time. He must have believed me that I was serious because he said he would hold it for me and then he took the ad down from Craigslist.

I drove the two hours up to his place yesterday morning, walked in his garage tried the kick starter and handed him the money. The unfortunate part is that I didn't drive up in a truck and trailerI couldn't get one in time so I paid him and will drive up tomorrow to get it. Pictures to follow.

As for me I am 68 years old, retired 9 years ago from Federal Service and the military. I have limited knowledge in bike restoration but I have some experience working on them. I know that there is enough info out on the internet and hopefully enough suggestions from individuals on this forum that I should be able to do a decent job.

Sorry, You asked for the time and I built you a clock.
    OldTwinsRock likes this.

Welcome to the group.
    JT
    81 CM400T

Welcome! Good find there, you absolutely will find all the tech help needed in this group. Have a great time.
    CB250 Nighthawk projects 92,93,92.
    81 CM400C Sold
    93 CB750 Nighthawk Sold
    73 CB750K3 Long term project stuck in the 'parts collecting stage.'
    Fork Swap info: http://sites.google.com/site/alansdocuments/

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

Welcome aboard. Nice find on the bike........pictures are a must on this site.

And thank you for your service. I'm not quite up there with you, as far as age and retirement, but purdy darn near it.
    "If it ain't raining, I'm riding......"

Work in process:::::::

Welcome to the gang! I was in same boat last year and now I am on my third bike. Forum has been incredibly helpful. Also, various vendors, Google and YouTube will be incredibly helpful with your bike building process. Great community of enthusiasts.
    David

Current
    1973 SL350 (parts bike)
    1970 CB350 runner
    1972 CL350 basket
    Past
    1998 H-D FLSTC
    1976 CB550
    1973 Kawasaki F7 175
    1972 Suzuki TS125 Prospector
    1971 Honda CT90
    1969 Honda Z50A