On the Hunt for My Restoration Project
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By BobbyPlayhouse
  • 1 Post By J-T

Thread: On the Hunt for My Restoration Project

On the Hunt for My Restoration Project

Hello from a newbie to the forum. Looking for advice on purchasing online and shipping. Local CT/CR prospects are slim for what I’m looking so an in person review/purchase is not possible. Assuming PayPal plays a role but I appreciate any intel - thanks!

hey buddy. Welcome. If you're new to the forum, you should make an introduction in Member Introductions.
    ancientdad likes this.
    2x 1973 CB350G

Proper intro, but also year and type of bike would help to answer the question.
    JL
    1979 CB 400 T (Cafe Racer)

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

We'll just move this one to the Member Intro section to help you get started. Now you can just add some information about yourself like, age, experience, location, how/where you intend to ride. Then, once yo get a bike, we can start bugging you about posting pictures of it.
    ancientdad likes this.
    JT
    81 CM400T Under re-construction
    82 GL500

Quote Originally Posted by Bizav View Post
    Hello from a newbie to the forum. Looking for advice on purchasing online and shipping. Local CT/CR prospects are slim for what I’m looking so an in person review/purchase is not possible. Assuming PayPal plays a role but I appreciate any intel - thanks!
    Welcome to the forum. Where are you located? The decision for what you want is only partially based on what is locally available. Your skill set, having a place to do the restoration and the tools is part of it. I have read stories of very dedicated individuals who have rebuilt their first bike in the living room of their one bedroom apartment. Start by deciding what you want to end up with. Stay away from the urge of building that first custom cafe racer. A 350 or 400/450 SOHC is a good place to start. Keep it fairly stock and get it running right. You will get lots of help here.
    Jim Palmer
    '85 GL1200I (Garage Find)
    '81 GL1100 STD (Project)
    CB450 K5 Done
    https://www.hondatwins.net/forums/1-...s-cb450k5.html
    What I learned from Restoring a CB450 K5
    Watch Mike and Jim Take on Mt Erie Washington State
    "If everything seems under control you are not going fast enough" Mario Andretti...

Sponsored Links