Newbie, looking to buy a CB350 or CB450 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Newbie, looking to buy a CB350 or CB450

Great looking bike! Couldn't ask for a better canvas to start with. Looking forward to following your progress! Cheers!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
    Racingt likes this.

Junior Member s.farrelly@btinternet.com's Avatar
    Hi Racingt. I had similar thought to you 18 months ago. My first choice was a CB72 because of the excellent design. Expensive, spares becoming difficult and expensive to find. A decent restored example would be about £8000 but then you are scared to ride it. Second choice, a CD175 Sloper (the bike of my teenage years). Same problems as the CB72 but worse. Third choice was a CB250 K1 or K2. I found a K3 in reasonable condition with most of the expensive work done. I enjoy it but you have to expect to do things. In my case, professional help to sort the carbs, sorting a few minor electrical problems and now sorting the clutch. The more you look, the more you find interesting repairs of former owners. The worst was the wiring from the right handlebar switch. Solution was to strip it all out and rewire from scratch with the correct colour wires etc. I am still looking forward to the spring.
    Racingt likes this.

Yes, I’m looking forward to working on it. I’m seeing it as a challenge, and plan to just restore lightly then ride. No paintwork, or major mods such as indicators, I’m hopefully going to leave it stock. Have modest mechanical experience gained with several RVF400s, reckon I can tackle Haynes jobs up to 3 spanner’s. Where are you based? Cheers

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

Looks like a real beauty. Congrats!
    Where are you located?
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

Hunter S. Thompson

1970 CB350
    1974 CT70
    1977 XL75
    2005 PW80

Cambridge UK. Bike imported from Ohio. Still not received it yet, awaiting UK registration. Got new Heidenau tyres ready for its arrival!

like a kid on Christmas morning, right?
    Racingt likes this.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

Hunter S. Thompson

1970 CB350
    1974 CT70
    1977 XL75
    2005 PW80

Yes, it’s crazy. I’m 62 years old, this is my 28th motorcycle, least powerful for many years, but there’s been no bike in my garage for 9 months so I’m really keen to get hold of her. Tbh, looking forward to the mechanics and getting her going. Much more satisfying than making a cash transfer for a new BMW 1200.
    ancientdad and DieselKrampus like this.

Hey Racingt, out of interest, where did you get it? 2 places spring to my mind, Dave Silver and Unit 1?

I am up in Dereham, so not a million miles away!

Hi Balders, David Silvers. He recently got a container in, and I guess I was lucky getting there early, and picking up a really clean and complete exampl. The other two 160s I saw are now sold. Think I might keep checking his website regularly, probably pays to be among the first buyers when he lists stock. What are you riding / looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by Racingt View Post
    Hi Balders, David Silvers. He recently got a container in, and I guess I was lucky getting there early, and picking up a really clean and complete example. The other two 160s I saw are now sold. Think I might keep checking his website regularly, probably pays to be among the first buyers when he lists stock. What are you riding / looking for?
    I recently (less than two weeks ago) picked up, or rather had delivered, a 1971 CB450. very pleased with it!

I have seen Dave Silvers stock list, and there are a few I would love to take home! Especially the yellow CL350!
    Racingt likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links