What did you do to your Twin this week? - Page 139
Page 139 of 142 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1414
Like Tree1042Likes

Thread: What did you do to your Twin this week?

I've been riding the 450, but I just got the Rebel 250 running! It hasn't been ridden in... five years, I think? I started trying to get it running again last year, and got to everything but the tires and the carb. (The easy stuff, right?)

I spent last week tearing down and cleaning the carb, and an hour or so ago I got it put back together. I've got to say, reinstalling the darn thing was probably the hardest part of the process! It's not registered and the tires are pretty bad, so I can't do a real test drive, but it made it the length of the driveway with only one stall: given it wouldn't even start three weeks ago, I'll take that! It ran pretty rough when I first started it, but seems to be smoothing out as it runs. Next time it's clear I may take a quick run up and down my street, and see if it can handle more than one gear.

This is also pretty much my first engine repair job, so I'm pretty pleased right now!
    1982 CM450C
    2007 Rebel

Senior Member chaindrivecharlie's Avatar
    Awesome!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
    Charlie

1972 CL 175 K6
    1972 CL 350 K4
    1981 CM 400 C

Joshua 24:15

Quote Originally Posted by amckenzie4 View Post
    I've been riding the 450, but I just got the Rebel 250 running! It hasn't been ridden in... five years, I think? I started trying to get it running again last year, and got to everything but the tires and the carb. (The easy stuff, right?)

I spent last week tearing down and cleaning the carb, and an hour or so ago I got it put back together. I've got to say, reinstalling the darn thing was probably the hardest part of the process! It's not registered and the tires are pretty bad, so I can't do a real test drive, but it made it the length of the driveway with only one stall: given it wouldn't even start three weeks ago, I'll take that! It ran pretty rough when I first started it, but seems to be smoothing out as it runs. Next time it's clear I may take a quick run up and down my street, and see if it can handle more than one gear.

This is also pretty much my first engine repair job, so I'm pretty pleased right now!

Cool......I have 2 in the garage with carb/i don't know issues, and if that wasn't punishment enough, decided to pull the little one out, not that sum beech is sitting along with them.

So getting to where you are would be a great milestone in the future for me.

Good work, hope all goes well.
    amckenzie4 likes this.
    "If it ain't raining, I'm riding......"

Work in process:::::

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

Thanks, and good luck with your bikes! Like I said, getting the carb off and back on the bike was the hardest part for me. I also had one jet that was so thoroughly seized that I ended up using an impact driver to get it moving. My logic was somewhere along the line of "well, the carb is no good if I can't get it out, so I might as well risk it."

But really.. mostly the process was just tedious, with a lot of time running very fine copper wire through tiny holes, then blasting everything loose out with compressed air.
    1982 CM450C
    2007 Rebel

Bought tires, tubes and rim strips from RevZilla - (Heidenau K39 Tire 2.75X18 48P TT & 3.25X18 52S TT) and then went for a ride. I hope to get them mounted next week.

What did you do to your Twin this week?-1971-cl175k5.jpg
    CT70 Gone but not forgotten
    1971 CL175 Current project

Hi,

Not much, other then riding it .....
    Here it is, just after a re-fuel, and ready for a nice evening ride...

What did you do to your Twin this week?-img_7952-1.jpg What did you do to your Twin this week?-img_7682.jpg

Jensen
    fxray, Rscottp, ancientdad and 5 others like this.
    assembly of Japanese motorcycles requires great peace of mind (Pirsig)
    CB450 K0 '66, CB450 K1 '68, CB450 K2 '69, CB72/77, C77, CB400F

I managed to get in a ride this past weekend between rainstorms. Rain chances were predicted at 80% here in north Alabama, but there were enough dry hours for the roads to clear and allow some nice riding. After filling up with some fresh non-ethanol gas, I stopped at an overlook for a few pics of the '69.

What did you do to your Twin this week?-6-7-19a.jpg

What did you do to your Twin this week?-6-7-19b.jpg

What did you do to your Twin this week?-6-7-19c.jpg

What did you do to your Twin this week?-6-7-19d.jpg
    1969 Honda CL350
    1983 H-D XLX-61 Sportster

Got the little Honda running, on to the twin. Reorganized the bench, got the engine setup on a makeshift stand.

Prepping the cam and rockers for shipment to Delta. Jug/pistons are sitting on the table ready for the machinist, still gotta get copies of spec pages to take with them.

Beings I split this old CL350 bottom, I've learned alot from that, so I'll finish pulling the CB350 down and split it. Probably just needs cleaning up. and I can get it back together.

Still need to break down the clutch basket and check the disk.

Quote Originally Posted by budlite282 View Post
    ...Beings I split this old CL350 bottom, I've learned alot from that
    I'm guessing you meant the 100 - but yes, it can't hurt
    Tom

Ride along at the drag strip - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20jFPazXlvU

running points... because I'm too old for mysteries that begin with pushing

Quote Originally Posted by ancientdad View Post
    I'm guessing you meant the 100 - but yes, it can't hurt
    Yep, got the CB100 back together, and running. Just gotta figure why the pipe is turning blue/black.

And I did split a CL350 engine I've got laying around........been playing around, poking and jabbing, just to see what's it like in there.

Gotta get some Hondabond b4 I split the CB350.
    Last edited by budlite282; 06-10-2019 at 08:39 AM.

Page 139 of 142 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links