VJMC gathering before unoffical Christmas ride
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: VJMC gathering before unoffical Christmas ride

VJMC gathering before unoffical Christmas ride

On some Sunday mornings, I ride to the local bike hangout at a Speedway station not too far from me. Yesterday morning, I went to the local (some say World Famous, where is it said that Elvis once ate) Coney Island hot dog place in Brooksville FL for a VJMC bike gathering before they went on an unofficial Xmas ride. The weather was iffy around 9 AM and I rode my 450 despite not being convinced the clouds would clear and the misting, almost light rain would go away... the crowd was less than expected, but still included quite a few vintage Hondas and a couple of others here and there

VJMC gathering before unoffical Christmas ride-20181216_095907.jpg VJMC gathering before unoffical Christmas ride-20181216_095919.jpg

VJMC gathering before unoffical Christmas ride-20181216_102139.jpg VJMC gathering before unoffical Christmas ride-20181216_095925.jpg

VJMC gathering before unoffical Christmas ride-20181216_095934.jpg VJMC gathering before unoffical Christmas ride-20181216_095943.jpg

VJMC gathering before unoffical Christmas ride-20181216_095954.jpg VJMC gathering before unoffical Christmas ride-20181216_100017.jpg

VJMC gathering before unoffical Christmas ride-20181216_100053.jpg VJMC gathering before unoffical Christmas ride-20181216_100105.jpg

VJMC gathering before unoffical Christmas ride-20181216_100117.jpg VJMC gathering before unoffical Christmas ride-20181216_100145.jpg

VJMC gathering before unoffical Christmas ride-20181216_101641.jpg VJMC gathering before unoffical Christmas ride-20181216_101842.jpg

VJMC gathering before unoffical Christmas ride-20181216_101650.jpg
    ctrider and nigelrharris03 like this.
    Tom

Ride along at the drag strip - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20jFPazXlvU

running points... because I'm too old for mysteries that begin with pushing

and for jseconds77... not vintage per se, but still nice

VJMC gathering before unoffical Christmas ride-20181216_105236.jpg
    nigelrharris03 likes this.
    Tom

Tom, nice job on the picture, but did you have to show the CBXes? The CB750 is especially juicy. I think it is a '74. I like the fairing on the CX500. I have toyed with the idea of one for my 450. Were those mufflers on the GL1000 from a Sportster? All four of them.
    Jim Palmer
    '85 GL1200I (Garage Find)
    '81 GL1100 STD (Project)
    CB450 K5 Done
    https://www.hondatwins.net/forums/1-...s-cb450k5.html
    What I learned from Restoring a CB450 K5
    Watch Mike and Jim Take on Mt Erie Washington State
    "If everything seems under control you are not going fast enough" Mario Andretti...

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

Yes a lovely 750!
    Thanks for sharing Tom.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

Hunter S. Thompson

1970 CB350
    1974 CT70
    1977 XL75
    2005 PW80

Quote Originally Posted by JamesPal View Post
    Tom, nice job on the picture, but did you have to show the CBXes? The CB750 is especially juicy. I think it is a '74. I like the fairing on the CX500. I have toyed with the idea of one for my 450. Were those mufflers on the GL1000 from a Sportster? All four of them.
    Jim, I think the VIN on the 750 was 230xxxx so that would put you right on the money. You know if there are CBXs around I'm taking pictures of them - and those 2 were owned by the same guy from Ohio, and he told me those Historic tags are permanent, no renewal necessary... wish Florida would catch on to that. A 3rd CBX came up later and I forgot to get a picture of it... it had a strange-looking aftermarket alternator on it, the guy said he'd had a bunch of trouble with the stock ones in the past and ponied up for the better one. I never had much trouble with either of mine back then and find that interesting... and it wasn't for lack of revs on my bikes, I ran the hell out of them. Had to replace brushes a few times and the oil seal on the shaft occasionally as it would weep out the vent hole on the bottom, but nothing else. Didn't ask the Gold Wing owner about the mufflers but they do look like Sportster pieces, don't they?
    Tom

My son lives in St Pete and the last ime I was there we rode up to that place. It must be somewhat of a riding destination for the locals. As far as the wing goes, yes those are Sporster mufflers. The bike is owned by a very talented fella that goes by Wog on the NGW club site. He's built a few unique wings. You can find a build thread (as well as he other build threads) there. Thanks for posting the pictures.

........Paul
    My "FREE" bike build viewtopic.php?t=14107

hell yeah! A 'Love Dub' Thanks. @ancientdad

Taking it out tomorrow...will report back how it performs in the cold, 42 degree weather. At least the sun is slated to be out. Friday is gonna be 55 but of course, pissing rain.
    ancientdad likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 05c50 View Post
    My son lives in St Pete and the last ime I was there we rode up to that place. It must be somewhat of a riding destination for the locals. As far as the wing goes, yes those are Sporster mufflers. The bike is owned by a very talented fella that goes by Wog on the NGW club site. He's built a few unique wings. You can find a build thread (as well as he other build threads) there. Thanks for posting the pictures.

........Paul
    thanks Paul, I'll check it out. I talked with him briefly and he did mention that he'd done a few other Wings... and yes, for some reason that place has been a riding destination for decades. When I had my first CBX in the early to mid-'80s while working for the TPD garage, a bunch of (off-duty) cops and I went on a crazy ride out that way and we ate there... as well as stopped to partake of a few beers from one of the ice-filled saddlebags on one of their bikes while on a lonely rural road up this way (long before I ever lived in Citrus county and had no knowledge of the surrounding area). While we were stopped for "beverages", one of the cops commented on my 6 into 6 pipes and asked what it sounded like with the baffles out, so I pulled out my toolkit and obliged. After one of them made multiple high rpm passes on my bike while the rest of us sat on the side of the road imbibing, watching and listening, I said "man, we might piss somebody off out here if we keep it up" and one of the other cops said "don't worry about it, we're the police". Good times...
    Richard_Pitman and xulf13 like this.
    Tom

Well, the W performed admirably today. Started right up and off I went in 38 degrees. No issues but due to cold I managed to go no faster than 50 and only went for an hour tops.

Quote Originally Posted by jseconds77 View Post
    ...off I went in 38 degrees. No issues but due to cold I managed to go no faster than 50 and only went for an hour tops.
    I'm not riding in 38°. You're a better man than I for riding an hour in it!
    Tom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links