Honda Twins banner

First Custom Build CB350! NEW TECHNOLOGY, OLD ARCHITECTURE!

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  bill440cars 
#1 ·
Before and after... No way was i gonna keep it stock.. lol ;)

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I bought the shell on ebay, which is a CEV headlight... pretty common on ebay. But it was only the shell. So also bought the reflector, fitted it with a bright led light, and also an LED halo light (made for car). The result is a custom Led light with a right around the bulb. I'll have to upload more pics of it... cuz that description was probably terrible.. lol..

I also put a rfid reader on the top of the headlight (mounted under a plastic honda emblem). So to start it, i scan a fob over the emblem and hit the start button! No keys!

#4 ·
Here is whats on it:

Motogadget M-Unit micro-processor
Motogadget M-lock (mounted in the CEV Headlight)
Tytronics electronic ignition
Ballistic perfomance 4 cell lithium ion battery
New Speedo...
New coils and sparks
New jets for Keihin 3d carbs (A must with short mufflers and velocity stacks)
The cowl is the original gas tank cut in half.. ;) U can see it in the before pic
Made the seat myself
Had to cut the rear fender so it fit with the seat and cowl
Rear brake light is another Halo LED which perfectly in the cowl where the hole for gas is..
SL350 Tripple (clamp kind so i could lower the front just a tad)
CB360 33mm Forks
Used the original handlebar switches to activate the microprocessor...
1966 Ford Thunderbird turn signals.. They were perfect for this bike. Had to upgrade the lights to LED's... Which somehow fit perfectly in the stock shells

I'll get some more pics soon!

#5 ·
JEEPERS! That's one fancy starting system. Looks nice. Lots of chrome. Hope you have plenty of diaper cloth to shine up that baby...:-D More Pics!

#7 ·
Yep started up on the second time i hit the start button! I was shocked.. lol. Only concern is charging the battery from the stator. The lithium battery requires a little higher charge... I tried to fix that by not having any running lights without unless switched on... Hoping that will give enough charge to the battery when running... time will tell. And of course the other thing is upping the bigger jet to get it smooth around 4k rpm.. cuz of the shorty mufflers....

Again, time will tell...

And again, this isn't a stock bike,.. so no point in making stock comments.. ;) I am indeed stocked up on diaper wipes... lol...;)

#11 ·
Are those 360 points covers? Like them.

#12 ·
No, they aren't stock... they were custom back in the day.. they show up every now and then on ebay. However, the one you see in the pic isn't the correct version of it. The tach side has the real one, but can't find the real points side. The fins are different. :(. Nothing on this bike is stock. It's a Frankenstien.... From the electrical, to the cut in half gas tank=rear cowl... The frame is a CL, but has many CB things on it. Had to make the seat, to fit with the cb super sport tank .... Which originally never went on the CL frame.....!

#13 ·
Something I am curious about. And I sent you a PM, about that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.