Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New bike purchase last night. Love it already

I just picked this bad boy up. 1964 Honda CA77 with buco hard bags. The kid got it from his grandfather who bought it from the original owner in 68. He titled and plated it for 69 but got injured on another bike and lost interest in riding. He somewhat properly stored it in 69. The tank and internal items look really great. The external parts have surface rust and minor pitting on some chrome but really good for a 64. The exhaust is completely shot and it is missing the battery side cover and the tires are flat but I think if I put air in the tubes they may hold. Other than that everything else is nice. It came with the original tool kit and owners manual. It has 1884 original miles, kicked right over and felt good but haven't checked compression numbers yet. It was in worse shape than I expected from the details, talking to him, and the poor quality pictures but I am very happy with it and I will be selling my 69 cb160 to let this one keep a spot in the garage. The kid was asking 800 and I told him I could do 750 but when I got there and seen how different the condition was than explained/expected I ended up offering 500 and we settled at 550. I think 550 was a steal of a deal with all the included items, history, condition, and mileage. Sorry for the crappy pic, it is dark here and I will have to get a better one later.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Stephen Lohmeyer,3839 Sun Valley Lane, Roanoke, Virginia 24014 540-525-5199Sixtysixsprint@aol.com

Re: New bike purchase last night. Love it already

So....Where do you live, and what are you asking for the 160?...

For a CA77 that's that close to being complete I'd say you got a good deal. Congratulations!
    JT
    81 CM400T Under re-construction
    82 GL500

I am seriously jealous
    Nige
    CB450K0 Bomber 1967
    CB650Z 1978

Great find. I think I'd go with a "Rustoration" on that one. New tires and tubes, brakes, cables. battery. New points and plugs. Clean all the electrical connections. Then a good cleaning and that's it. Enjoy it.
    1972 Honda CL350 project
    2007 HD Electra Glide
    1979 Suzuki GS1000E
    1973 Honda CL450 SOLD and regretting it.
    1974 Honda CL450 in pieces

Sorry Sprint, I sold the 160 for 600 bucks. I need to get my notifications turned back on because I forgot to check on my thread and I wasn't getting emails that anyone was responding. I apologize...

Thanks guys for looking and commenting. I have since found a pair of reproduction models of the original mufflers in stainless steel that were used and a little beat up but they are identical to the originals in every way. I also found a side cover to replace the missing one although it is gray and pretty rusty. I was thinking of painting it to the original black but I can't find any paint codes or info on paint colors for these older ones. I am currently planning on having my brother paint both side covers and the buco bags the same black color and try to get it really close and do those pieces so it will all look similar.... As far as a full resto, probably wont happen for a really long time. It will probably be like a rusto. I am just going to clean it up and ride it like it is. It is a very nice find and the way the honda motors are built I plan on riding this one for a very long time without too many issues. Then I'll do a full resto on her and keep riding. I'll post pics in a build thread or something to keep you updated. I may take this one and my '71 cl450 cafe racer down to barber next year.

Hi Mark you might find this website helpful
    http://www.rsbikepaint.com/en-gb/colours.php
    Nige
    CB450K0 Bomber 1967
    CB650Z 1978

Nope, They only list the CA77 model for 1966 in red for paint. No other years and no other colors... I have looked at a couple other sides too with no luck. Finding this old paint is a pain in the a$$... I keep fishing for help though. I asked the guys over at the honda305 forum too with no luck. hopefully I find something before the time comes to do the painting.

hey congrats!!!! If you're happy, then we are too!
    is the bike rideable yet? Once it is can you share some thoughts?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links