starting up an engine CM400 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    So as we know, I'm trying to get the exhaust back on... Well here is the thing. I got the studs from my local dealer and everything is great. BUT on this one the second side has on part that I'm assuming got stripped and the other just got messed up so I don't know what to do. Pics will follow shortly. Gotta run back outside and snap some.

Got her to purr a little... vid to follow. But first the image I needed to upload

Name:  IMAG0259.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  2.93 MB

The top area isn't threaded at all and the bottom part looks like it had gotten broken off or something. I don't know how I am suppose to fix this. Please hellp. If needed I can start a new thread.

As far as my no spark situation. I got new plug caps and new spark plugs. I clipped the end of the wire to expose some of the wires inside. Then snapped on the new plug end. That's the only thing I've done different. I'm assuming there weren't any wires exposed to reach the plug caps to create a spark.

You may need to use a helicoil for the top stud hole and the bottom stud hole still has some of the old stud broken off in there. The bottom one will have to be drilled out.
    1979 CM400T (rider),
    1981 CM400T (in surgery awaiting transplant)
    1982 CM450 (parts bike)
    1982 CB450 (parts bike)
    Past rides: Vincents, Triumph, BSA's, Suzuki's, Twingle, Corgy, others.
    Remember, today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday.
    My chest fell, but, fortunately, my belt caught it.
    I don't know everything, nor, have I met the one who does.

T-shirt sales supporting 66Sprint's LSR Build http://www.hondatwins.net/forums/22-...d-attempt.html

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dtsmjr8dan View Post
    You may need to use a helicoil for the top stud hole and the bottom stud hole still has some of the old stud broken off in there. The bottom one will have to be drilled out.
    I truly appreciate all of your help in regards to this, even now, after the subject has changed. I'm going to see if I can find the helicoil local before I order it on line, as well as the extractor bit needed. It kind of looks like there's a bolt in there, then it kinda seems like it could use a helicoil too. One way to find out.

Oh BTW vid link
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B36...ew?usp=sharing

Find true center, drill with small bits , going to larger bits, then finally a left handed drill bit. Be sure of the angle you are drilling. Stick something in the 'empty' hole where the other stud was for a guide. You may get the old piece out that way. You can then either tap or use helicoil.
    1979 CM400T (rider),
    1981 CM400T (in surgery awaiting transplant)
    1982 CM450 (parts bike)
    1982 CB450 (parts bike)
    Past rides: Vincents, Triumph, BSA's, Suzuki's, Twingle, Corgy, others.
    Remember, today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday.
    My chest fell, but, fortunately, my belt caught it.
    I don't know everything, nor, have I met the one who does.

T-shirt sales supporting 66Sprint's LSR Build http://www.hondatwins.net/forums/22-...d-attempt.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links