Pamco ignitions - Page 3
Page 3 of 128 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Pamco ignitions

Re: Pamco ignitions

Quote Originally Posted by thrilhou
    Quote Originally Posted by pamcopete
    Got a bike!

1973 CB450. Perfect. That's the model that I started the development on a couple of years ago, so the final development should move pretty quickly. As I mentioned above, I already have the electronics,the PC board and the rotor done. Just have to do the final design on the plate and it will be ready to go.

I will be looking for a few Beta testers when I get to the first production stage. It will first come first serve with the following criteria:

1. Own a CB450 or CB350 Twin.
    2. Ride on a regular basis, at least once a week.
    3. Your bike must be running good as I do not want engine problems to affect the test results.
    4. Report back with some observations after every ride. You can just say "No problems, 20 mile ride" if that is the case.
    5. Detailed report on any installation difficulties.
    6. Willing to change out any parts that are revised and continue reporting results.

The Beta testing will go on for no more than a month. You get to keep the ignition system, if you want to. The system will sell for $109.95 plus coils. The beta test units will not include new coils, but you can use your stock coils.

Pete
    I will happily test for you.
    I ride 150~200mi per week and my engine is in great shape.
    I'm ridding a CB350, I would be testing w/ XS650 coils (the coils purchased from Mikes' XS).
    PM me if you like.

OK. Just PM me your address and I will send you a system when it's ready. Might be in about three weeks.

What coils are you using?

Pete
    Ride. Enjoy. Life is simple.

id be down for testing as well if you need any more. i have a 69/70(69 vin, but titled as 70) cb450 running the mikexs coils.
    1969 CB450 cafe
    1973 CB450 (parts)
    1983 Yam Maxim XJ750 [sold]
    2006 Ducati S2R

bobbyducati,

What are your riding habits? Every day? Once a week? Is your engine it top condition?

Pete

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

You can count me in as well. I have a freshly rebuilt motor with Mike's XS coils that runs excellent!

I mainly ride on the weekends but for testing purposes I can ride whatever miles are necessary during the week and on weekends.

My email is mike@bmnellis.com
    Mike Nellis, CMRA Expert GSXR1K 1976 Honda GL1000 1968 Honda CL350 1975 Suzuki T500 1970 Honda CB450 K3
    Yamaha 660 Raptor 2001 Yamaha YZ426F Triumph Tiger 1050 KTM 450 XCR-W

Quote Originally Posted by pamcopete
    bobbyducati,

What are your riding habits? Every day? Once a week? Is your engine it top condition?

Pete
    i ride pretty much everyday between my 3 bikes, weather permitting. i usually go thru streaks with a certian bike and ride it for a few weeks then mix in the other two. Id have no problem taking the honda out everyday, if need be the case. I cant say for sure its in "top condition" but it runs strong currently. If you are only looking for rebuilt, virtually new engines, id have to say pass on mine.
    1969 CB450 cafe
    1973 CB450 (parts)
    1983 Yam Maxim XJ750 [sold]
    2006 Ducati S2R

A small setback. The seller of the '73 CB450 has had some difficulty obtaining a new title for South Carolina, which was one of the conditions of the sale, and it may take a while to do so. So, I will look for another CB450 while waiting and whichever gets here first will be the one I use.

Hi Pete. I sent you an e-mail earlier today as i'm interested in getting one of your ignitions for my CB350 i can even test it if you want.I just disconnected a Newtronic system yesterday that left a real bad taste in my mouth.I was thinking of getting one from an XS650 and modifying it Obviously that's not necessary anymore.I'm in Ontario Canada had the bike out yeasterday .Todat we have 4" of snow so it should be gone by monday and if you want it tested i'm on the bike daily once temperature get over 38%

I would love to test as well. I am a motorcycle mechanic by trade ( finishing my apprenticeship). and i have 2 cb 350's 2 sl 350's 1 cb 500t and 2 cb 450's.
    Also have a Dyno at work if you want to see some specs on it.

im really jazzed on this and look forward on hearing more.

GREAT WORK.

jb

I'm still here. Small setback as the CB450 that I bought has some title issues and I am waiting for the seller to sort it out. I have changed the basic design and ordered new PC boards, so I will be ready when the bike gets here.

I do appreciate all the volunteers for the Beta testing phase, so I'll get back to you all when I have a unit to test.

Hi -

When you get everything sorted out for the 450 model, I would be more than happy to volunteer my CB500t for beta testing (as ignition-related parts are interchangeable between the 450 and 500t). It is completely stock (including coils), has only about 1400 miles, and runs solid (minus a charging issue I am sorting out). Let me know if I can help and I'll be happy to PM you my address/info.

Thanks for doing all this!

Page 3 of 128 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links