Pamco ignitions - Page 128
Page 128 of 128 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128
Results 1,271 to 1,278 of 1278
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Pamco ignitions

Quote Originally Posted by Blow View Post
    Is there a way to remove the e-advancer from the setup? I have the old 3wire setup and I think my e-advancer is not working. I have power to the unit but no spark. I would like to remove it and install the sensors the with the old mechanical advancer and see if my sensors still work. I just don't know the wiring. This was sitting in a box for two years and the bike ran fine before I tried to put it back on today. This is how I have it wired up currently. I am getting power at the red wire.
    The sensors are not capable of driving the coils and will immediately fry if you connect them directly to the coil. Continue your troubleshooting and re read the installation instructions on the web site. If you still have a problem, then PM me for warranty instructions.

Pete
    Ride. Enjoy. Life is simple.

I've read most of this thread as i'm thinking about getting one of these for my 450, but there seem to be a lot of issues with fried units and general problems with timing.

Since my points are new and working, but still not happy with the running condition of the bike (maybe the advancer isn't ok), should i really go for this PAMCO ignition?

Does one remove the condenser with the Pamco ignition?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by subaruski View Post
    Does one remove the condenser with the Pamco ignition?
    Yes; at least, unplug them.
    Rick

Mine is a mostly 1970 CB450K3

Hello,

I received my Pamco ignition and the rotor doesnt look like the one in the instructions. Can anybody confirm this is correct for a cb500t? I emailed him but have not received a reply.

Thanks,
    PatrickName:  20170320_185551.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  3.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Gidusko View Post
    Hello,

I received my Pamco ignition and the rotor doesn't look like the one in the instructions. Can anybody confirm this is correct for a cb500t? I emailed him but have not received a reply.

Thanks,
    PatrickName:  20170320_185551.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  3.26 MB
    Looks OK to me. What do you think is different? Perhaps you were looking at the instructions for the earlier model on the bottom right side of the home page. The link to the instructions for the current model are on the upper right side of the home page. Welcome to the PAMCO CB450 Installation Guide . It could also be that even those instructions show the original rotor for the current model with only two holes for the magnets. The current model rotor has four holes for the magnets but only two of them are populated.
    Ride. Enjoy. Life is simple.

ok great, The other rotors in the pictures are like the ones I have from earlier models. They have 2 holes spaced seemingly farther apart.

Does anyone know what the Hall effect sensor output and main chip voltages are supposed to be? I'm only seeing a sensor output of 80mV and the voltage to the chip is way below spec at 200mV.

Page 128 of 128 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128

Sponsored Links