Honda Twins banner

CB350 Front Brakes Adjustment

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  crazypj 
#1 ·
Can someone tell me the correct way of adjusting the front brakes on a 72 Honda CB350.I believe only one shoe is hitting the drum.No stopping power.Thanks.

#2 · (Edited)
I've always adjusted them so both shoes contact at the same time but apparently that isn't correct?
Easiest to adjust brake cable so first shoe is in contact with drum then adjust linkage so second shoe is in contact then re-adjust cable to get some slack
I've also used an adjustable wrench on the slave side to bring shoes into contact and adjusted link with both shoes pressed tight into drum
Have you removed wheel to check shoes? Friend bought a bike that seller said he had been riding - lying B*****.
When I took wheels off, there was silver paint on the brake shoes and rust in the drums
You also need to centralise brake plate in drum before tightening axle,
Honda did a pretty good job of making axle good fit in brake plate so it isn't an issue like some bikes where axle is loose fit on brake plate

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.