CA95 Cam Chain Installation Question

CA95 Cam Chain Installation Question

I am trying to install the Cam Chain on my CA95 per the Service Manual.

The manual says that to set the timing up correctly, the “0” mark on the cam sprocket should point to the notch marked on the cylinder head. I don’t see any notch on the cylinder head but from the diagram in the manual, it looks like it is pointing straight up to 12:00.

For the crankshaft, it says to “Place the mark on the timing sprocket of the crank shaft at the lowest point on the center line between the sprockets. The crank shaft spiel is opposite the the timing mark”.

I have no idea what this means. From the diagram it references (attached, I hope) , it looks like the timing mark ("0") on the crankshaft is pointing roughly to the 7:00 position but there is no reference point on the case I can find.

Can anyone translate this for me? After all this work, I don’t want to screw the timing up. Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Driver912 View Post
    I am trying to install the Cam Chain on my CA95 per the Service Manual.

The manual says that to set the timing up correctly, the “0” mark on the cam sprocket should point to the notch marked on the cylinder head. I don’t see any notch on the cylinder head but from the diagram in the manual, it looks like it is pointing straight up to 12:00.

For the crankshaft, it says to “Place the mark on the timing sprocket of the crank shaft at the lowest point on the center line between the sprockets. The crank shaft spiel is opposite the the timing mark”.

I have no idea what this means. From the diagram it references (attached, I hope) , it looks like the timing mark ("0") on the crankshaft is pointing roughly to the 7:00 position but there is no reference point on the case I can find.

Can anyone translate this for me? After all this work, I don’t want to screw the timing up. Thanks!
    Take a look at this thread over on the Four Wheel Forum. Good CA95 site and should help with your question. I need a valve timing lesson please. - FourWheelForum
    1960 Honda CA95 Tokyo Rose - http://www.hondatwins.net/forums/1-p...storation.html
    1972 Honda K4 CL350
    1971 Honda CB750 - Basket Case

Sponsored Links