Hi from Sydney... need help.

Hi from Sydney... need help.

Hey guys, Sean from in Sydney and I just picked up (a couple months ago) a 74' CB250.

I'm here on the forum to find information, links, and guides on restoring this bike. I have a basic background in mechanical/ electrical repair. This bike was a random, unintended, purchase, as I came across it.

That said, I have a couple of questions which led me to this forum...

I didn't even think to check before, but after I had the bike dropped off, does this thing use keys?

Also, I'm currently trying to restore the bike back to riding condition. The tank is rust free, and the engine does turn when you kick it. I was trying to get access to the battery to check/ change it, but I couldn't figure out how to remove the seat. I thought it might be under these side covers, but again, there's no key to do so, and the hole (that I'm guessing) that keeps it attached doesn't fit anything.

Hi from Sydney... need help.-dsc_0004.jpg
    Hi from Sydney... need help.-dsc_0002.jpg
    Hi from Sydney... need help.-dsc_0001.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by yumenuu View Post
    Hey guys, Sean from in Sydney and I just picked up (a couple months ago) a 74' CB250.

I'm here on the forum to find information, links, and guides on restoring this bike. I have a basic background in mechanical/ electrical repair. This bike was a random, unintended, purchase, as I came across it.

That said, I have a couple of questions which led me to this forum...

I didn't even think to check before, but after I had the bike dropped off, does this thing use keys?

Also, I'm currently trying to restore the bike back to riding condition. The tank is rust free, and the engine does turn when you kick it. I was trying to get access to the battery to check/ change it, but I couldn't figure out how to remove the seat. I thought it might be under these side covers, but again, there's no key to do so, and the hole (that I'm guessing) that keeps it attached doesn't fit anything.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0004.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	2.92 MB 
ID:	131481

Name:	DSC_0002.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	3.12 MB 
ID:	131489

Name:	DSC_0001.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	2.28 MB 
ID:	131497

Thanks in advance.
    HI and welcome
    That's a 68-69 not a 74
    The key for the ignition is on the left side of the bike between the front of the tank and top of the engine
    The seat latch should be at the front of the seat on the left hand side the seat should lift front to back
    The engine will need a charged battery to start
    Battery is under the seat between the carbs
    Last edited by Simo; 01-08-2017 at 11:35 PM.
    Blood, Sweat, & Gears
    Buy a Hondatwins T-shirt
    sales supporting 66Sprint's 2016 LSR Build

http://www.hondatwins.net/forums/22-...d-attempt.html

Hi Simo,

Thanks for much for the welcome and info.

Well.. I don't have a key for it... so looks like I'll need to replace that :/

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

You can order a key from many places for about 10 dollars. You will need the 4 digit code off the ignition (where you insert the key)
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

Hunter S. Thompson

1970 CB350
    1974 CT70
    1977 XL75
    2005 PW80

Welcome Sean! That's a right beauty there. Start a project log - we love 'em

To start here is a great thread - Basic Checklist for that New to You old Bike
    Curtis

1969 Honda CL350 K1 - Done (Project Log)
    1970 Honda CT70 Trail K0 - Duckie Mo-Mo (Project Log)
    1999 Honda XR400R - Project "Ranger" Adventure Bike (next build)

Welcome Sean. Looks like you have a great find to work on
    Nige
    Donate to 66Sprint's LSR Build http://www.hondatwins.net/forums/22-...d-attempt.html and http://www.hondatwins.net/forums/1-p...r-attempt.html
    CB450K0 Bomber 1967
    CB650Z 1978

Sponsored Links