Big howdy from Florida! New 1975 CB500t rider here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Big howdy from Florida! New 1975 CB500t rider here

Big howdy from Florida! New 1975 CB500t rider here

Hi all -

Quick intro - been wanting a motorcycle for about 30 years & finally made it happen. I took the required Florida 20hr safety training class & bought a 1975 CB500t this week. Only had her a day & have only ridden her 3 times, but am falling in love FAST. The sounds she makes are intoxicating. Here are a few photos of the new old girl

Big howdy from Florida!  New 1975 CB500t rider here-1975-honda-cb500t-1.jpg

Big howdy from Florida!  New 1975 CB500t rider here-1975-honda-cb500t-3.jpg

Big howdy from Florida!  New 1975 CB500t rider here-1975-honda-cb500t-5.jpg

Big howdy from Florida!  New 1975 CB500t rider here-1975-honda-cb500t-4.jpg

Looking forward to getting more involved with this community.

Cheers!

I'm jealous. Mine doesn't look that nice. Even your tank looks like it can be restored with a little TLC.
    And it runs well with those pods? Do you know how they're set up?
    Big welcome, by the way.
    I put the "G" in Jihad.

Quote Originally Posted by 18Bravo View Post
    I'm jealous. Mine doesn't look that nice. Even your tank looks like it can be restored with a little TLC.
    And it runs well with those pods? Do you know how they're set up?
    Big welcome, by the way.
    Thank you for the kind words and your service.

And yes sir - so far she's running well. From the looks of things (i.e. - handlebars, pods, etc) - the previous owner started going down the road of turning her into a cafe. Not sure exactly how I'm going to do her up myself, though. I'm thinking of something somewhat scrambler style - something kinda like this:

Big howdy from Florida!  New 1975 CB500t rider here-copy-img_3747-1024x682.jpg

Big howdy from Florida!  New 1975 CB500t rider here-copy-img_3940-681x1024.jpg

Big howdy from Florida!  New 1975 CB500t rider here-copy-dsc04193-1024x612.jpg

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum kennix and nice looking 'original style' CB500T.

I know that bike. I photographed it at the Denton Independent Motorcycle Show a few months ago. I voted for it to win, but the CB750 my wife voted for actually won. In fact, my next door neighbor, who is (I kid you not) a member of the Amazing Wheelying Elvi, knows the builder. I'd like to get together with him over a few beers.

I've got some nice detail shots of it if you're interested.

Here are my two CB500T's. One is going through the transformation, the other is trying to regain its former glory.

I put the "G" in Jihad.

Quote Originally Posted by bilbikek411 View Post
    Welcome to the forum kennix and nice looking 'original style' CB500T.
    Thanks @bilbike!

Quote Originally Posted by 18Bravo View Post
    I know that bike. I photographed it at the Denton Independent Motorcycle Show a few months ago. I voted for it to win, but the CB750 my wife voted for actually won. In fact, my next door neighbor, who is (I kid you not) a member of the Amazing Wheelying Elvi, knows the builder. I'd like to get together with him over a few beers.

I've got some nice detail shots of it if you're interested.

Here are my two CB500T's. One is going through the transformation, the other is trying to regain its former glory.

Small world, @18Bravo! I've been oogling that White CB500t build for a while now. I found this page with a pretty good write up on it (also where I snagged the photos I shared from)

Davids 1975 Honda CB500T ?Morrison? - Honda Cafe Racer

And yes - I'd love to see any other shots of it you have. They'd serve as good reference samples for my future project.

Also - nice stable ya have there! What are your plans for the black Honda you have there?

ps - would also love to see photos of the CB750 that won, if you have any of it, as well
    Last edited by kennix; 12-30-2016 at 02:43 PM.

Send me your email address. The black Honda in the foreground is the CB500T being cafe'd. However, I've already purchased a Benjy's tank and seat for it. The CB750 in the background (you can just see the cafe bars) is sold. The other six are hiding out in the garage.

Misspelled Wheelie-ing above.

http://www.theworldfamouswheelie-ingelvi.com/
    Last edited by 18Bravo; 12-30-2016 at 02:52 PM.
    bilbikek411 likes this.
    I put the "G" in Jihad.

How does that nice looking exhaust work for you on your CB500T in front w/ the flat seat Bravo ?

I sold that seat with the 750 as I have no more need for it. The Benjy's seat is a piece of art though. The 900 dollar muffler you see on the 300 dollar motorcycle is not hooked up yet-just a mock up of what I want. I'm ordering everything I need from Cone's to build my own pipes for it. Welding class starts next week. Yay!
    ancientdad likes this.
    I put the "G" in Jihad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links