Big howdy from Florida! New 1975 CB500t rider here - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Big howdy from Florida! New 1975 CB500t rider here

Quote Originally Posted by 18Bravo View Post
    I sold that seat with the 750 as I have no more need for it. The Benjy's seat is a piece of art though. The 900 dollar muffler you see on the 300 dollar motorcycle is not hooked up yet-just a mock up of what I want. I'm ordering everything I need from Cone's to build my own pipes for it. Welding class starts next week. Yay!

Which seat is the Benjy's seat? Curious if it's one of those long flat ones (sorry - not fully up on all the lingo yet ). If so, I was thinking about getting a very similar seat...just curious how comfy it is for a longer (like 1-2 hour) ride.

I sold that seat with the 750 as I have no more need for it. The Benjy's seat is a piece of art though. The 900 dollar muffler you see on the 300 dollar motorcycle is not hooked up yet-just a mock up of what I want. I'm ordering everything I need from Cone's to build my own pipes for it. Welding class starts next week. Yay!
    message sent to ya on here. thanks!

That is a really nice looking 500 Kennix.
    What made you go vintage for your first bike?
    welcome to the forum.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

Hunter S. Thompson

1970 CB350
    1974 CT70
    1977 XL75
    2005 PW80

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

thanks CTRider! I've loved the look of old vintage bikes for a LONG time & recently found a shop - www.burnupcompany.com - here in my neighborhood in South Florida. I stopped by & walked out with a bike a short bit later. they have, not only, some of the most beautiful barn finds ever - but the most amazing g customer service & prices you'll ever experience.

check out the stable of bikes that Dave has to sell on his website ( http://www.burnupcompany.com ) and let me know which one of the bikes he has listed on his site for sale is your favorite.

...plus I love wrenching on things. my first car was a 1968 Mustang I lovingly restored over about 5 years

Welcome kennix

Mark, the long flat seat on that bike is commonly called a brat seat. Benjy's Cafe Racers makes seats more in the cafe style. You can get ABS seats off of eBay for about $70, and they're not TOO bad if you work them and can get them to sit right. There's one in my driveway photo. The Benjy's seat is far better. Here's a couple of photos of mine:

I'd post some of the tank as well but I'm afraid I'll kill myself getting it down from my loft right now.
    Your bike looks damned cool just the way it is with those clip ons. And you're very lucky those mufflers are in good shape. They rust out very quickly.
    I put the "G" in Jihad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Welcome kennix
    Thanks Lefty! Loving the support I've gotten on here already

Mark, the long flat seat on that bike is commonly called a brat seat. Benjy's Cafe Racers makes seats more in the cafe style. You can get ABS seats off of eBay for about $70, and they're not TOO bad if you work them and can get them to sit right. There's one in my driveway photo. The Benjy's seat is far better. Here's a couple of photos of mine:

I'd post some of the tank as well but I'm afraid I'll kill myself getting it down from my loft right now.
    Your bike looks damned cool just the way it is with those clip ons. And you're very lucky those mufflers are in good shape. They rust out very quickly.
    That is a beautiful Cafe Racer seat, Rob. Most of the CR seats I've seen look rather uncomfortable, but that one looks like you could be comfortable on it for a good while.

And thanks again for the photos you emailed me.

...and for those interested, I've found another build I'm rather smitten over. I might try to incorporate some aspects of this into mine:

The Dark Art of Building a CB Cafe Racer | Bike EXIF

Here are a few photos from the page for those who don't feel like clicking through:

Big howdy from Florida!  New 1975 CB500t rider here-cb-cafe-racer-625x417.jpg
    Big howdy from Florida!  New 1975 CB500t rider here-cb-cafe-racer-1-625x417.jpg
    Big howdy from Florida!  New 1975 CB500t rider here-cb-cafe-racer-3-625x417.jpg
    Big howdy from Florida!  New 1975 CB500t rider here-cb-cafe-racer-5-625x417.jpg

More photos on the EXIF site.

Cheers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links