What did you do to your Twin this week? - Page 67
Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 LastLast
Like Tree389Likes

Thread: What did you do to your Twin this week?

That's a cool looking build ancientdad. Will look great in the Summer sun

On my own 450..
    Finished replacing the block connectors - and (hopefully) having fun trying to match faded coloured wires / exploring the intricacies of alternator wiring. Swopped the original main jets back in as she's still running too rich on the replacement 145s - and put another 50 miles on to bring the running in grand-total to just over 300 miles*

*Remembered then that as the speedo is a kp/h one - I've only actually done 300km / c187 miles of running-in. Another 300 ish miles to go..
    ancientdad likes this.
    CB450 K5

Quote Originally Posted by -alan- View Post
    That's a cool looking build ancientdad. Will look great in the Summer sun

On my own 450..
    Finished replacing the block connectors - and (hopefully) having fun trying to match faded coloured wires / exploring the intricacies of alternator wiring. Swopped the original main jets back in as she's still running too rich on the replacement 145s - and put another 50 miles on to bring the running in grand-total to just over 300 miles*

*Remembered then that as the speedo is a kp/h one - I've only actually done 300km / c187 miles of running-in. Another 300 ish miles to go..
    Thanks, Alan. Yes, until I found out my kph speedo didn't work properly, I was in the same boat as far as break-in "miles"... would have had to calculate from km. Now, at least I can go by the actual miles my original speedo will show (even if the pretty face in it still shows kph). Be patient, do the required break-in miles - it's an investment in the future!
    1973 CL450K5

Finally, after 4 months I have got back restored double seat. The original cover had been folded and it was not possible to repair. Local workshop has made copy of shape and hot pressed stitching and applied this on new cover. The result is very nice IMHO.

https://goo.gl/photos/2PvgfysDCYXGxRXB8
    83XLX and papinbrew like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

That's an excellent bit of work
    CB450 K5

Pulled my 175cc out of its tarp from sitting all winter, of course it kicks right over. Fixed up some wiring issue (turn signal lead came unplugged in the bucket), rode it to Jiffy Lube for a quick inspection, currently sitting at the DMV for a renewal. Feels good to be blasting my twin around again! Btw, the CBR250R fork conversion rides fantastic, such a smooth ride.
    Alex jb likes this.

Finished up registration, Im back on the road legally! Just need to set some time aside to pick up new tires, new tach, install my rearsets, and reupholster my ratty seat.
    1972 CL175k6 Cafe/Brat, "Lil Espo"
    1985 VF700C Magna "Blue"
    1980 CB750F Super Sport full ground up rebuild WIP

Need to see that fork conversion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ajk4send View Post
    Finally, after 4 months I have got back restored double seat. The original cover had been folded and it was not possible to repair. Local workshop has made copy of shape and hot pressed stitching and applied this on new cover. The result is very nice IMHO.
    Beautiful job, looks great!
    1973 CL450K5

Heres a couple pics. Nevermind the ratty seat cover, and the poor tank. Honestly I am still not sure of its dimensions because the 39mm CBR forks were easlily 4 inches longer than my 31mm CL forks. That, and I really miss my scrambler bars I used to have. Still a work in progress, but hey, at least im back in the saddle. There was a thread I started here in the sub 250cc section in frame and suspension. I think it will look much better with its new seat, and a fresh repaired tank with paint. That and I need new tires really really bad.What did you do to your Twin this week?-img_20170320_154744_604.jpgWhat did you do to your Twin this week?-img_20161204_223429.jpg
    1972 CL175k6 Cafe/Brat, "Lil Espo"
    1985 VF700C Magna "Blue"
    1980 CB750F Super Sport full ground up rebuild WIP

They are a good size.
    Can't tell, how does the the fork react front hub brake torque?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 LastLast

Sponsored Links