What did you do to your Twin this week? - Page 3
Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
Like Tree548Likes

Thread: What did you do to your Twin this week?

Well, in the past week I completed my CL450 rebuild but then had to...

- pull the motor
    - remove all covers including cam block bearings
    - remove clutch basket, oil pump and oil filter
    - split the cases
    - reassemble the motor
    - put the motor back in the frame
    - disassemble the tach & speedo, powdered coated the cases, reassembled and reinstalled
    - installed CL450 header for the first time (good news is the left side air filter cover and air filter, carb and drive gear cover can be removed with the header in place)
    - found out the starter clutch that I rebuilt is still FUBAR - I need to locate a good replacement starter gear
    - Attempted first start after rebuild with no joy (a real head scratcher) - getting fuel/air and getting spark at right time but no pop.

better ask me next week

Nothing, I'm still sulking about having to pull my Sabre carbs off again and worse, I put the BMW in the shop after I dumped it avoiding road debris.
    Jim

1973 CB 450 K6
    1975 CB 500T
    1985 CB650SC Nighthawk
    1985 VF 1100S Sabre
    2012 Buddy 125 (wifes)

I patted them on the cylinder head, and told them everything was gonna be OK...then said goodnight..I love you

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

I was taking the bike for a run and noticed I had no brake lights. First stop was the fuse box, everything ok. Next stop was the tail light because I have customized the back end and thought maybe a connection had come loose, everything ok. Next stop the headlight because that's where everything seems to start, everything ok. I finally narrow it down the brake petal switch. Three turns of the plastic adjustment nut and there was light. I missed a nice ride but it's fixed.What did you do to your Twin this week?-cm450c-new-taillights.jpg

I drilled a broken off head bolt out of the case, and hoped like heck I'd sealed the openings in the case well enough to keep most of the shavings out. Just counting down the minutes until I get out of work so I can put it all back together and see if it starts.
    Matt Quimby
    http://kr2pilot.blogspot.com/
    1981 CM400C, mostly running!

Update: Started the bike for the first time in 2 years! Took it for a short ride until I had a failure. Would post the first start video if I knew how...

"Blue Jay" got the new kicker adjusted to sit right, Oil changed, chain tension adjusted, modified forward controls resoldered and tied in ([L]is 68? CB350 [R] is from totaled 83 Yamaha 550 Maxim Seca) all of the main loom jerked off and gone over with a fine tooth comb and reconstructed from taillight connections to the headlight bucket "NEST".

I have finally spied a decent '71 SL 175 K1 "Fart Can" (Muffler) on Ebay and I will be ordering in the next couple of Days.
    I will also be getting a proper battery, since I can't ride with my shop system testing set up (wrong dimension battery with correct V/aH)

As soon as it arrives performing clean up, spot patch, repaint and install said fart can and the K0 chrome heatshield from the bikes original but decimated muffler.(1,500° Satin Charcoal Semi Metallic Black BBQ Grill paint--Overkill?, Maybe but it should do nicely)

All goes well I will get to ride, tune, and troubleshoot on the fly by next weekend.
    Last edited by Mayhem; 04-30-2015 at 12:52 AM.

Ordered new Mech Seal, Stator, Clutch Switch, Clutch Springs, Timing Chain, Gaskets, Oil Filter, And brake shoes to be 100% for upcoming Honda get together on the Olympic Peninsula.
    Honda Twins:
    1978 CX500 (Riding)
    1971 CB350K3 (Current Project)

Checked it over, added fuel, and RODE IT!!!
    Alex jb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 66Sprint View Post
    Checked it over, added fuel, and RODE IT!!!

Is there a green with envy moticon?

Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links