For me, getting started on it was the hardest part. The end result will be worth the work, though... The first things I did were to get it to the point of getting the bike to start and run. Cleaned the rust out of the gas tank, bought a new petcock and gas cap, cleaned out the carbs and replaced all the gaskets and o-rings in them, and bought a new battery. I squirted some Marvel Mystery Oil in the combustion chambers and on the cam and rockers (through the valve adjustment caps) and let that sit a few days. Then I drained the old oil and refilled it, and it started after sorting out some bad electrical connections. Once I knew it would run without any bad noises, then I concentrated on tires, tubes, brakes, cables, and cosmetics. Of course, there's a lot of stuff I left out of the story, but you get the general idea. I'd guess I spent 130 or 140 hours on it total, and about $550 worth of parts and chemicals.