1966 CB450K0 Black Bomber survivor - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 1966 CB450K0 Black Bomber survivor

May contact Pete about that, the original system doesn't have a lock washer either though, least mine don't and I've never had either back out.

The keys should be a good tight fit in the hole, if it is loose that can cause a wobbly timing problem on the original points system, ping rocks which lets the advance unit move one way or another which throws timing off. Can dress that hole up nice and peen/stake one of the sides in just a smidge to take the play out of it. I don't believe Pete's rotor floats on the cam shaft since he has a e-advance it should just stay put and not move. Don't have one, I like to tinker with points for some reason.
    Franz >>> 450 build >>>360 Build

Bump! Nice close-up pics of the badge's back-side in this thread, not to mention a lovely original survivor Black Bomber.

It shouldn't be too hard to get an engraving shop to reproduce these badges into a block of plexiglass - I'd like a "900" or "985" version of these badges, for my polished Aluminum "toaster-tank" style CB1100R 6.9-gallon tank on the "CB900K0 Bol Bomber"! It's either that, or some wing badges from a CB750C/CB900C/CB1000C etc.

Unless somebody's already reproducing these things from scratch? I know Cycle-Exchange did some nice alternate versions of the SOHC-4 CB750K side-cover badges, in "836", "1000", etc. You'd think there'd be a badge like this for the CB500T, at the very least?

-Sigh.

-Sigh.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links